Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wright designed buildings at Florida Southern College.

http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=110446&AT=3

John Salley bought the large home that was built by the Fisher brothers for Bishop Gallagher.

Mr. Charles Harrell, the Chevy dealer bought the William Fisher Home on the 1700 block of Wellesley, a completely different home. The fire started when the house was 80% renovated by propane heaters before the new boiler was installed. About two years later a similar fire happened to a 1920's mansion in Groose Pointe. Detroit Fire Department investigators determined it was not arson.

Because it was not occupied the house was under insured. The fire started at approx. 4;30 pm. on Sunday, January 2, 1994. I live one block away and felt the blast when the leaded glass windows of the dining room blew out.

I am not sure how much John Salley paid for his house, but the neighborhood rumor is that he sold it for around $ 850,000.

97 Winder, an incredibly-restored 1880 mansion in Brush Park, just hit the market... asking price, 2.5 million. Currently used as a B&B, it could be converted to apartments or a luxurious SFH.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/97...32786701_zpid/

That place is a gem. When the current owners said they spared no expense in restoration & furnishing, they meant it. Hope someone buys the place and keeps it well-maintained...

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post
    John Salley bought the large home that was built by the Fisher brothers for Bishop Gallagher.

Mr. Charles Harrell, the Chevy dealer bought the William Fisher Home on the 1700 block of Wellesley, a completely different home. The fire started when the house was 80% renovated by propane heaters before the new boiler was installed. About two years later a similar fire happened to a 1920's mansion in Groose Pointe. Detroit Fire Department investigators determined it was not arson.

Because it was not occupied the house was under insured. The fire started at approx. 4;30 pm. on Sunday, January 2, 1994. I live one block away and felt the blast when the leaded glass windows of the dining room blew out.

I am not sure how much John Salley paid for his house, but the neighborhood rumor is that he sold it for around $ 850,000.
    Pkbroch,

Was the Grosse Pointe mansion you are referring to the former Cecil Fielder mansion on Kenwood in Grosse Pointe Farms??

Surprisingly it was rebuilt, but I'm not sure if the interior was restored the way it was. I do believe it is [[or was) up for sale at something like 1/2 the price of the restoration.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3