Hudson Site Proposal Interior
740 FOOT TOWER PROPSED FOR HUDSON SITE »

10 FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Silverman's in Plymouth Township was part of my Saturday morning routine when I lived there in the 80's and early 90's. A huge breakfast (chili omelette was my fave) with lots of coffee got me ready for the day.

Silvermans was a place I worked I -75 & eureka in Taylor area used to have line out the door all day we laugh when he filed bankruptcy , the truth was that he was going through divorce and trying to hide from wife , he had hooked up with an prep girl from one of his stores and set her up in a desert store across the street the place was called Candys and sold cookies with m&ms which was cutting edge at the time. The place gave me a great status as a cook since the place was always full , last time I saw him he had one store left at greenfield just south of 696

Default Tipping at Silverman's restaurant

I use to go to the Silverman's Dinner on Eureka Road and i-75 long ago. Always great food and service. Although I do remember once ordering pancakes for breakfast, that I later found out were made from fish batter. Anyway, I always laughed when I read the recommendations for leaving a tip..... Sort of like 15% for good service - 25% for excellent service..... and I believe something like 30% indicated you were "in love" :-) That "you are in love" percentage happens very few time these days :-)

I've never been, but I remember seeing the east-side location on the east side of Gratiot somewhere. I think it was just north of I-696 but cant recall. I'm sure others can place it.

Silverman's was good, but Duff's was better, IMO. Sweden House/Sveden House's were also tasty back in 70's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2