Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Silverman's in Plymouth Township was part of my Saturday morning routine when I lived there in the 80's and early 90's. A huge breakfast [[chili omelette was my fave) with lots of coffee got me ready for the day.

Silvermans was a place I worked I -75 & eureka in Taylor area used to have line out the door all day we laugh when he filed bankruptcy , the truth was that he was going through divorce and trying to hide from wife , he had hooked up with an prep girl from one of his stores and set her up in a desert store across the street the place was called Candys and sold cookies with m&ms which was cutting edge at the time. The place gave me a great status as a cook since the place was always full , last time I saw him he had one store left at greenfield just south of 696

Default Tipping at Silverman's restaurant

I use to go to the Silverman's Dinner on Eureka Road and i-75 long ago. Always great food and service. Although I do remember once ordering pancakes for breakfast, that I later found out were made from fish batter. Anyway, I always laughed when I read the recommendations for leaving a tip..... Sort of like 15% for good service - 25% for excellent service..... and I believe something like 30% indicated you were "in love" :-) That "you are in love" percentage happens very few time these days :-)

I've never been, but I remember seeing the east-side location on the east side of Gratiot somewhere. I think it was just north of I-696 but cant recall. I'm sure others can place it.

Silverman's was good, but Duff's was better, IMO. Sweden House/Sveden House's were also tasty back in 70's.

I worked for the one on Gratiot Avenue in Roseville back in '85. I remember the year because it's the year I got married ... my boss called me on the morning of my wedding and asked if might be able to come in for a few hours to help him out. Umm, no. That pretty much sums up the state of the management. The menu was huge and food waste was probably tremendous, also the cooks were walking cases of steaks out the back door. The place was a train wreck! Always busy, though, and I made good tips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2