Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: kwame

Fox 2 had entire statement of Judge Groner
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...within-90-days

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Who was that lawyer friend of thug KK who stood on the courthouse steps and proclaimed that thug KK will "CONTINUE to comply as he has been ordered...all along Kilpatrick has complied to do everything possible to DO THE RIGHT THING, that's what in his heart, that's what he wants to do" all along"....WHAT??? Where has this guy been, has his head been buried in the $hit that thug KK has been leaving all over the City of Detroit? Comply? That's the biggest insult to Detroit yet! thug KK is still laughing, he's still raping, still pillaging, still stealing from taxpayers. He needs about 12 months in jail with a bigger Bubba...then, maybe he'll conform. So what if he pays in 6 years instead of 5...he's never going to pay anyway.
    Willie Gary is the Attorney Kwame hired for the Sky-Tel lawsuit. Says he was just in town. Ha

Absolutely. Self-induced foolishness. His iron-clad arrogance put him in this position.

Indeed had he have just made his payments he'd been better off, but he had to send a "message" by claiming to be "destitute" and only able to pay $6.00 blah, blahh...

Message received. Now the finally judge has replied: Pay or go to jail!

That inane $6.00 figure was offensive and ridiculous.
    Yet there are probably still some "deep-dish" die hard supporters out there claiming he's being persecuted...

Eyes wide shut!
    Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    I think that it's just up front money that they want now. I don't think it will be in addition to what he already owes. What I find most interesting is that he might have a shortened timetable to pay off the balance.

He should have just shut up and made his payments.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-10 at 08:32 PM.

Again his iron-clad arrogance prevented him from that option... KKs "in your face" on-top-of-the-radar actions were about sending a message first to himself [[I am not corrupt), then to a perceived audience [[take this $6.00!)... Ridiculous... Good the judge finally replied appropriately to KK's message with his own in no uncertain terms: Pay or Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I absolutely agree, a reasonable person would have at least lived underneath the radar and not brought all the additional scrutiny upon himself.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-10 at 07:55 AM.

Route29 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    If the shit-talking, egomaniacal, arrogant, lying, despicable, phony-ass piece of shit thug is not taken from court and thrown directly into jail, I will be disappointed, so I suppose that means that I am going to be disappointed.

Even if he is hammered with heavy financial punishments for fucking around, as he has been doing, with the restitution payments, and ordered to start addressing them more substantially, the idea of him leaving court and jumping on a plane, to head back to Texas, makes me sick. He makes me sick. The people who defend him-- not his attorneys, I mean the citizens-- make me sick.

I mean, so what if he is hit with huge fines for his scoff-law handling of the restitution payments? We have no reason to believe that he will take that any more seriously than he has taken the payments themselves.

The only way to get his attention is to throw his punk ass in jail.

I thought the idea of allowing him to split from Detroit and head for Texas was that securing the income would enable him to address his debt to the city. [[You know: the city. The taxpayers. You and me.)
    Well, since it didn't work out that way, I say Fuck It, Then. He can just go ahead and serve time. Lots & lots of time. Carlita can support herself and those kids, just like any other mom whose Old Man winds up in the joint. If that won't keep them in that fine house, well, that's too fuckin' bad, too.
    Besides, growing up tripping over each other in a modest apartment, or townhouse, will give those boys an opportunity to ponder the truth about what happens when you fuck people over, and try to lie your way out of it, the way Dear Old Dad did with those police officers.

To demonstrate my willingness to pitch in, I'm volunteering to donate the first two pounds of bologna.
    If any two of you will pick up the Wonder Bread [[please make sure that it's the white loaf; no wheat) and the no-name American Cheese Food, I think that's a wrap.
    And, no Miracle Whip. We're not a goddam deli.
    Besides, I want it to be as hard, to swallow, as possible.
    Well I don't love you.

Interesting and telling how you decry the "citizens" but make no mention of the 5 corrupt suburban millionaires who bankrolled him hundreds of thousands of dollars after he got out of jail so he could start living the high life, and then they all lied about it.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Route29 View Post
    Well I don't love you.

Interesting and telling how you decry the "citizens" but make no mention of the 5 corrupt suburban millionaires who bankrolled him hundreds of thousands of dollars after he got out of jail so he could start living the high life, and then they all lied about it.
    They ARE culpable as well. But realistically, the "suburban devils" that you so decry enabled his exit from the city. Let's just call it for what it was, a parting gift, to put it nicely.

The interesting and telling part of all of this, as you are so inclined to put it, is that not one of those corrupt millionaires ever voted once for Kwame to be in office. Not one. So basically those "corrupt bastards" did what the fine upstanding citizens of Detroit would not do... put his ass out of office.

MichMatters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    They ARE culpable as well. But realistically, the "suburban devils" that you so decry enabled his exit from the city. Let's just call it for what it was, a parting gift, to put it nicely.

The interesting and telling part of all of this, as you are so inclined to put it, is that not one of those corrupt millionaires ever voted once for Kwame to be in office. Not one. So basically those "corrupt bastards" did what the fine upstanding citizens of Detroit would not do... put his ass out of office.
    You know, I don't know where to place all of the blame, but this post was just patently ridiculous. They sure as hell didn't vote for him; in fact, they did something far worse: made it possible for him to be propped up as viable candidate to be put before the voters in the first place. Without the likes of Karmanos and Gilbert and the rest of the ilk, Kilpatrick would have been nothing more than a name candidate. With their millions of dollars of bank-rolling his election and re-election, they propped him up until he couldn't keep his dirtiness a second longer.

To pretend that they somehow did the city a favor, or acted in anyone's interest other than their own is just the height of foolishness. These titans are at least as culpable as the citizens, and probably more so because there is absolutely no way that they didn't know about at least some of the dirtiness of this guy, something the voters can rightfully claim ignorance of, at least to a far greater extent than the business insiders can. Really, the audacity of your partial defense of these get-away guys...jeeze.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    You know, I don't know where to place all of the blame, but this post was just patently ridiculous. They sure as hell didn't vote for him; in fact, they did something far worse: made it possible for him to be propped up as viable candidate to be put before the voters in the first place. Without the likes of Karmanos and Gilbert and the rest of the ilk, Kilpatrick would have been nothing more than a name candidate. With their millions of dollars of bank-rolling his election and re-election, they propped him up until he couldn't keep his dirtiness a second longer.

To pretend that they somehow did the city a favor, or acted in anyone's interest other than their own is just the height of foolishness. These titans are at least as culpable as the citizens, and probably more so because there is absolutely no way that they didn't know about at least some of the dirtiness of this guy, something the voters can rightfully claim ignorance of, at least to a far greater extent than the business insiders can. Really, the audacity of your partial defense of these get-away guys...jeeze.
    Sure. Lets just pretend that Mama K and Bernie didn't have anything to do with this. And of course let's wipe away the McNamara years, those never happened did they?

Lets just pretend that never happened, right? These guys do what any rich mofo would do. Buy influence. I'm assuming by your whiny post that you don't understand that basic concept of politics. They knew full well that he was dirty. Just as they understood the basics of the McNamara machine. Influence is the name of the game.

But to insinuate that these guys put him in office? That's a joke of epic proportions. They are but a small percentage of his overall support financially. What you suggest would have been political suicide for him. Think about the political reality. If word got out that he was a pawn of white suburbans... the horror! He would have never gotten elected would he?
    Last edited by Stosh; January-20-10 at 11:36 PM.

MichMatters Guest

I didn't even insinuate that they put him into office. That's selective reading on your part. I said that without their support, he'd have never been a viable candidate, period. His mommy and daddy and the machine could have pushed them all they wanted, what mattered was that the business community got behind him, and contrary to popular belief, since the end of Young's reign in Detroit, you don't win the mayor's office without both union and suburban business support. That's not an opinion. Follow the money. The difference for Kilpatrick and Hill wasn't the name, it was the fact that all the parties that matter in the outcome of elections [[the special interests) got behind Kilpatrick. This is how politics work, and even you know that.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    I didn't even insinuate that they put him into office. That's selective reading on your part. I said that without their support, he'd have never been a viable candidate, period. His mommy and daddy and the machine could have pushed them all they wanted, what mattered was that the business community got behind him, and contrary to popular belief, since the end of Young's reign in Detroit, you don't win the mayor's office without both union and suburban business support. That's not an opinion. Follow the money. The difference for Kilpatrick and Hill wasn't the name, it was the fact that all the parties that matter in the outcome of elections [[the special interests) got behind Kilpatrick. This is how politics work, and even you know that.
    Yep. But they never plopped millions of dollars into his campaign account, as you stated here:
    With their millions of dollars of bank-rolling his election and re-election, they propped him up until he couldn't keep his dirtiness a second longer.
    I know full well who supported him. And yes, the aforementioned unions and business leaders supported him. To suggest that those 5 were the only reason he got elected is just riduculous. If he wasn't Mama K's son... or Bernard's with the McNamara background, he would have never gotten to be State Rep to begin with. I think you have the carrot behind the horse in this. You devalue the legacy his momma gave him. Gave up her seat to run for Congress.. who ran for it? Kwame. Easy win. Next step as a Congressperson's son, they all fall all over themselves to support him because? Contracts.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stosh View Post
    yep. But they never plopped millions of dollars into his campaign account, as you stated here:

I know full well who supported him. And yes, the aforementioned unions and business leaders supported him. To suggest that those 5 were the only reason he got elected is just riduculous. If he wasn't mama k's son... Or bernard's with the mcnamara background, he would have never gotten to be state rep to begin with. I think you have the carrot behind the horse in this. You devalue the legacy his momma gave him. Gave up her seat to run for congress.. Who ran for it? Kwame. Easy win. Next step as a congressperson's son, they all fall all over themselves to support him because? Contracts.
    +1

-----------------------------

@EJames, actually, I would rather see his fat ass behind bars the kibble and bit on that restitution. One million returned for 8.4 million thrown away is nothing and Worthy should have never agreed to it.

On another note: GO RAVINE!!!! I WISH YOU HAD BEEN ON THE BENCH.

Recently there was a story about [[I think) a once-local journalist who moved away. He said that his primary motivation was to get away from a city/people who could stomach what kilpatrick did and hope that he wopuld come back [[something like that).

That sure resonated with me. I do think that thee is a serious population in Detroit that would vote for him, that thinks he was brought down by white people and the white media, who still think he's "Best we have."

Ravine Guest

Route29 wrote:

"Interesting and telling how you decry the "citizens" but make no mention of the 5 corrupt suburban millionaires who bankrolled him hundreds of thousands of dollars after he got out of jail so he could start living the high life, and then they all lied about it."

"Interesting?" In what way? I wasn't trying to indict every single person, or group, who contributed to the duration of this nightmare.
    "Telling?" C'mon, spill it: What did it "tell" you?

The statement you made about the "bankrollers" could have stood on its own. Is there some respectable reason why you had to wrap it in an attack on my post?

KK , might have to "borrow" some mo money from the big 5 !

I didn't see Mr. Hot Shot lawyer on set in the promo channel 2 just ran for tonight's "Let it Rip."

I thought Willie Gary promised Huel he would be on tonight's show?

Is Let it Rip and On the Edge two different things?

Default What the Judge Said...

Well Groner had his say:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010012.../1210445/1318/

"...this court finds it incredulous that defendant would have the audacity to
    feign indigency...."

Excerpts from Wayne County Circuit Judge David Groner's remarks from the bench Wednesday ordering Kwame Kilpatrick to pay about $320,000 within 90 days as part of his $1-million restitution to the City of Detroit:

• "I was not indifferent to defendant's obligation to support his family,
    believing defendant and his family could initially live on $14,000 gross income
    per month. Had I known that defendant had received large sums of money in those first months after being released from jail, I surely would have ordered that all ... income, annuities, etc., be immediately paid."

• "Defendant is wrong when he argues that he has five years to pay his
    restitution. All the lawyers know that the restitution is always paid up front,
    based on ability to pay. This court is satisfied that the defendant could have
    paid significantly more than the $6,000 per month that I ordered. ... Not only
    did the defendant misrepresent his ability to pay restitution, he lied in his
    March 24, 2009, affidavit in that he could only afford $6 per month for
    restitution."

• "This court wonders if the public would have ever been put on notice of the
    enormous financial windfall if defendant had not asked for a reduction of
    restitution to $6 per month -- at the same time he moved into a mansion.
    Further, this court is satisfied that defendant intentionally failed to comply
    with this court's disclosure orders, and thereafter moved funds to his wife's
    account in an effort to avoid paying restitution."

• "It is not a crime to live like the privileged. But we are here because you
    committed perjury, you pled guilty and you agreed to pay $1 million in
    restitution. But you have not been responsible in paying it. ... You have not
    been credible in this courtroom, and you again have not been honest to the City
    of Detroit."

• "The court finds defendant's conduct in this matter reprehensible. Defendant
    has not only continued to flout the orders of this court but has continued his
    disregard and contempt for the people of the City of Detroit. Defendant's plea
    agreement stipulated to repaying the citizens of Detroit for a fraction of the
    damages and monetary loss they suffered as a result of defendant's misconduct
    while he was in office."

• "In light of the revelations that defendant and his spouse have collectively
    received hundreds of thousands of dollars prior to and since his release from
    jail, that defendant lives in a million-dollar mansion in an upscale
    neighborhood, that defendant has secured a six-figure salary, this court finds
    it incredulous that defendant would have the audacity to feign indigency. This
    court finds the defendant's behavior as an affront to the sensibility and
    dignity of the people of the City of Detroit. Defendant's continuing
    self-serving behavior, fraudulent and deceitful representations, and general
    lack of integrity, have forced the court to amend the conditions and terms of
    his probation."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3