Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Brush Park Failures & Losses in 2009

2639 John R [[crosswinds) has already been mentioned on the forum and documented here.

However, when I went through Brush Park last weekend I realized that I had missed some other demolitions over the past year. My last photos in the area were from Feb 09. I drove through a few times since then, but I completely missed these demos.

First up is 269 Winder which was supposed to be a crosswinds project since at least 2004. It seem like all they did was put some new tarps up from time to time. It never looked in that bad of shape.

Attachment 4877

Right next door was the Yale Building. When all of the redevelopment started in the area it was still in pretty good shape and looked inhabited. It is a shame that it was lost with all of the restorations that have occurred on that street. Why was it let to get to the state it was in before the demolition? When did these two disappear?

Attachment 4878

Moving up to Erskine I've already railed against Hip City Living about 281 Erskine here before. Nothing good has happened since they planted their flag there in 2007.

Attachment 4879

The other loss was 291 Erskine which has been in a bad, yet fairly stable condition for at least 6 years.

Attachment 4880

Click on the links to see these houses over the past 6 years.
    Last edited by leland_palmer; January-18-10 at 02:22 PM.