Quote Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect View Post
Sumas: If the house next to you ever goes up for sale, would you let me know?

I don't post on this board often [[I read a LOT though). You have a huge heart and an appreciation for life and what you have received that I find rare and inspiring. You're an amazing lady. I'm certain I would enjoy having you as a neighbor.

I was raised in Detroit and attended Parker elementary for kindergarten. We lived on Littlefield on the west side [[attended Epiphany Catholic School for first grade) then my dad moved the family to Livonia the fall after the '67 riots.

Spent most of my youth in Livonia. Attended Wayne State to earn an engineering degree and moved into a rented house in the Greenfield / Grand River area for a few years after graduation.

Raised my own family in Troy [[gasp), but once the kids are ALL out of the house, the missus and I dream about moving into the Comerica Park / Fox area. We see MANY baseball and hockey games every year [[about 50) and city living appeals to both of us. We'll see how the whole ice arena development goes...there may be a place that fits us there when it is completed.
The house to the south has gone through several hands, as much as i love preserving history, and I do know its history. I think it will go for auction for back taxes. Save your money, I don't think it can be rehabbed for under 100K. I could be wrong. Check it out.