Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Skipper never does anything half way.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Skipper never does anything half way.
    Thanks for your kindness, Rick. I'm not sure of my status with the Blowout at present. They have yet to present me with a contract though we've been discussing Skipper's Hamtown's participation for weeks, if not longer. Their last words were, "does it sound like something your interested in doing?". That was after they'd given me an old [[2007?) contract to preview. My last words were, "yes, but get me a contract so I know what I'm getting into". The contract has yet to appear by snail mail, email, or in person. I've had lot's of people say they've seen my name on the roster. That's great, but hardly a contract. I'm still wanting and planning to be involved.

Skip- Very nice meeting you. Your bar is very nice. Had a great time. Thanks!

I just came across an article in the Detroit News about the "Metro Times Blowout" and one of the participating bars is Skipper's". Good Luck and sounds like it should be a "blowout" weekend! March 6th @ 10 P.M., 11 P.M. AND 1 A.M.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Skip- Very nice meeting you. Your bar is very nice. Had a great time. Thanks!
    Yeah pgn, the feelings are mutual. It was nice having a couple more 'bar dwellers; in my place. Between you, your friends and I, we've been in every dive from Alter Road to the Jefferson Avenue drawbridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordangirl2 View Post
    I just came across an article in the Detroit News about the "Metro Times Blowout" and one of the participating bars is Skipper's". Good Luck and sounds like it should be a "blowout" weekend! March 6th @ 10 P.M., 11 P.M. AND 1 A.M.
    Thanks for posting about my bar Jordangirl. It's nice remembering you, your sisters and family in Skipper's Downtown. Someday we'll gather in Skipper's Hamtown.

Skip-what time are you open today? I have to do some practicing before St.Paddys Day

Faygo check/bump.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Skip-what time are you open today? I have to do some practicing before St.Paddys Day
    6PM. You're late starting your practicing. We've been holding practice sessions for St. Paddy's Day, for weeks now. Sean and Rachel Taylor have been leading the training sessions. Rachel will likely sing on St. Paddy's Day, if she isn't burned out from all of the practice

When yet a hundred percent Irish, like meself, Every day is like St.Paddys. Tell cousin Sean "hi"

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Faygo check/bump.
    Still don't have any Faygo. Nor do I have any of their other products. The guy I had original contact with at the Restaurant Show last September, called me back about a week ago. He didn't remember me. Apparently he's back from sick leave. I had called him after the show and he said he was off sick, so he told me to call someone else. I called that person and she told me to call someone else because she was busy and on the road. Later she was off sick. I called back to other people at various times and they've all said they would get me a price/product list, but it has yet to happen. Now, the original guy is supposed to drop a price/product list in my mailbox for the last week or two. Nothing yet. Sorry. I'm wanting to fill my non-alcohol cooler with products, but I don't have time to chase people down. What will happen is - when the weather warms and business picks up, I'll just buy a bunch of stuff from Restaurant Depot. It's a shame if I don't have Faygo, but what the hell can I do? I'd much rather have some Faygo and delivery.

Hosted a nice gathering of local artists today at Skipper's Hamtown. I think they're called Hatch Cooperative. Anyway, they held their general membership meeting and showed some films. Nice group and we all enjoyed each others company and my bar. I'm establishing my business in the Hamtown Art Community. Loving it!

Faygo check.

Hey Skipper:

Great selection of Better Made snacks and I love the old Detroit memorabilia starting to appear...the 'Detroit Tonite' poster from the Buhl brought back memories of long gone restaurants and bars of the downtown area. Had not thought if the Cedar's in years.

Best wishes!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Hey Skipper:

Great selection of Better Made snacks and I love the old Detroit memorabilia starting to appear...the 'Detroit Tonite' poster from the Buhl brought back memories of long gone restaurants and bars of the downtown area. Had not thought if the Cedar's in years.

Best wishes!

Bob
    Thanks Bob. Your kind words are much appreciated. Yup, the barroom is getting more and more of a warm feeling as we add memorabilia and art. The exterior is coming along quite well with new lights and a paint job [[red). I credit my great bartender, John, or as I call him, my Polish Cleaning Lady, because he's so energetic, thorough, and takes so much initiative, for transforming the front of the place. This week I hope to have the awning cleaned and either painted, or lettered, or both, to help identify my place to passers by. Once that's done, I plan to start building a walk in cooler for a draught system. Just got to get all of you peoples walking through the front door on a regular basis, now!

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Faygo check.
    Still no Faygo. Wassuuup with that? I called the original guy a couple of weeks ago, who I'd spoken to at the Michigan Restaurant Show last September, and left a message to send me a price/product list via snail mail in hopes I'd be able to order from that. No such luck. No response at all. This has come full circle at leas twice now. I will eventually get Faygo as well as other non-alcohol products, by hook or crook. I have a one door dispaly cooler that I'd like to dedicate to non-alcohol products such as Faygo, Vernors, iced-coffee, teas, juices, etc. I think I'll try the Shasta website.

Skipper, Curmudgeon, 1KielsonDrive:
    My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting your bar for the Blowout.
    We liked the place a lot.
    I was wondering what your schedule was?
    I saw you posted Tuesday Wednesday Friday Saturday earlier, but does that still hold true? I would love to stop in one evening and chat with you.
    Wouldn't mind catching up with Gannon too if he has a regular night he attends.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawlspace View Post
    Skipper, Curmudgeon, 1KielsonDrive:
    My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting your bar for the Blowout.
    We liked the place a lot.
    I was wondering what your schedule was?
    I saw you posted Tuesday Wednesday Friday Saturday earlier, but does that still hold true? I would love to stop in one evening and chat with you.
    Wouldn't mind catching up with Gannon too if he has a regular night he attends.
    Thanks for your compliments. Blowout was fun. I'd really like to see it a little later in spring so it'd be more likely people could walk from venue to venue. The bar schedule at present is 6PM monday through saturday. I'm working on opening earlier and sundays. My schedule is 6PM, tuesday, wednesday, friday and saturday. John Cummings, a true Detroit veteran and character, holds down the fort on monday and thursday. I have a couple of others lined up to take on additional days and hours when business warrants it. Looking forward to seeing and talking with you.

Skipper's Hamtown is now open at 4PM monday through friday and 6PM saturday until 2AM each morning. John Lopez, former manager of Union Street and Majestic and owner, co-owner of Atlas Global Bistro and Twingo's, is now on staff and holding down the afternoon shift. Skipper's is located at 9735 Conant Street@Evaline Hamtramck, MI 48212. 248 895 6301 = www.skippershamtown.com

Check out www.skippershamtown.com to see our selection of beers, NA and gluten-free beers, as well as our selection of wines by the glass. Wine by the bottle available soon. We're working on a patio cafe in the backyard to open for late spring and summer. John Lopez, former owner, co-owner of Twingo's, The Atlas Global Bistro and manager of Union Street and The Majestic, is now on staff from 4PM to 8PM, monday through friday. Stop by for a fun time.

RED WINGS PLAYOFF GAMES on teevee at Skipper's. Midnight happy hour drink specials. Host your event here. Now open at 4PM, monday through friday and 6PM on saturday. Open until 2AM. Backyard patio coming soon. Go to www.skippershamtown.com to get on our mail list.

Skippper's Hamtown OPEN MIC. Beginning this coming tuesday, May 11, at 9PM and continuing each tuesday at 9PM. Music, poetry and art. Slammin' and jammin'. Hosted by Rachael Taylor. Bring your ax and your art. Show 'em off. Audition yourself and your band for a week-end gig. www.skippershamtown.com

Open mic tonight [[tuesday, May 11) at 9PM, hosted by Rachael Taylor. Bring your ax and your art. Slammin' and jammin', showin' and tellin'. See ya'. www.skippershamtown.com

Hey Skipper.......got any idea who stole my Tobasco Sauce? I had it stashed. Somebody tore the place apart looking for it.

BTW....Bushmark is looking for a summer job.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast