Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Skipper's Hamtown Bar Opening.

Skipper is opening a new bar in Hamtramck on friday the 15th. Whaddya think? Especially those of you who dislike his opinions posted here at DY. Will you go?

I'll be there in spirit! And will do my best to be at the Grand Opening in person
    GOOD LUCK SKPPER!
    from all your Garwoodian family

Is this the same Skipper that had "Skippers" on Bagley?

Give location and we will try to be there. Best wishes for a successful enterprise.

Pgn421...I hope to be down there arround 4 pm...Can you make it

Whaler- happy New Year! I can't make it. Take your camera. And get an interview.!

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post

Yes. There is a posting in another section that will give location.

New Bar Opening in Hamtramck [[9735 Conant)

Date: 2010-01-07, 12:56PM EST
    Reply to: comm-jcwmx-1541666102@craigslist.org

Skipper's Hamtown Bar to open soon. 9735 Conant between Edwin and Evaline. Formerly the 'Chill & Mingle'. Watch for it.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/vnn/1541666102.html

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Yes, love him or hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Give location and we will try to be there. Best wishes for a successful enterprise.
    9735 Conant Street Hamtramck 48212. Between Edwin and Evaline.

Thanks to everyone. Now you can get your revenge on me. But please, don't yell at me in front of everyone. I might cry.

1KD- Good luck with your new venture. What kind of establishment do you plan to have? Shot 'n beer? Fern bar? Will you serve food, if so, what kind?

Used to be a family-owned bar, but with unusual hours that always kept me guessing. What time of day does it open, 1KD? I live a few blocks away and do enjoy drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Used to be a family-owned bar, but with unusual hours that always kept me guessing. What time of day does it open, 1KD? I live a few blocks away and do enjoy drinking.
    I was wondering the same thing. I live several hundred miles away, and enjoy drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I live several hundred miles away, and enjoy drinking.
    Detroit Nerd, hours TBD. I'll post them when I get my s*#t together. OG, where were you when I unlocked the cellar this morning?

Good Luck on the opening and wish I could stop by!

Good Luck Skipper I too will be there in spirit can't wait to come see the place.
    love
    firstlady

Won't go today, but will check it out soon since it's close to my job.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Detroit Nerd, hours TBD. I'll post them when I get my s*#t together. OG, where were you when I unlocked the cellar this morning?
    I went across the street to Hamtamck Medical to get some Alka Seltzer & Band Aids. PS, where's the Tabasco.

I was wondering what was going on with the Chill and Mingle. That's down the street from my bar, Small's [[corner of Caniff and Conant). The Atlas on Yemens just changed owners too. Glad to know there's still a lot going on with the Hamtramck bar scene, and just in time for Paczki Day!

If anyone is in need of a great bartender to man these places, let me know.

Aloha from across the pond I also enjoy drinking, wish you the best on your opening_ Right Now and we are all there is spirit and I'll lift a pint to ya now

I will be there! Shhhhhhhhhh. But keep it down, my wife does not know yet.

[[He hehe, I slyly saved my post to bump this back up to the top.) Let's see if we can get enough people going that Skippy will be forced to serve drinks on the sidewalk. [[g)
    Last edited by RickBeall; January-15-10 at 11:20 PM.

What are the hours of operation? Same as the " Stray Dog"?

Awesome. Hey Skipper, will you still have Bell's porter for $6 a pitcher like I remember drinking at your bar in the early 90's?? Man, that was a deal...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast