Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pelosi Visits Auto Show

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is in Detroit today for the North American International auto show with other Congressional leaders -- kind of like a visit from the board, given that the government owns much of GM and Chrysler. Pelosi joked last month that the trip was to check out "the Back 40."
    Pelosi said the trip is to "see first-hand the innovative technologies the industry is investing in to create the jobs of the future and to ensure our national competitiveness," and demonstrate "our commitment to continue to preserve our manufacturing base."

God I hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    God I hate her.
    i agree...

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    i agree...
    Double Ditto to that

Why do you guys hate her?

Probably because she didn't immediately start Bush impeachment proceedings after the Dem victory in 2006 brought her to power. Lots of lefties have their panties in a twist about that.

She's an excellent symbol of everything that's wrong with the Democratic Party: Ever-happy to rake in cash for the national organization, standing behind candidates without decent social-progress, anti-war bona fides, and that I-know-what's-better-all-the-time lecturing attitude of some nagging helicopter mother. Whatever her party affiliation, she's part of the national elite, which hasn't a progressive bone in its body. Worth almost $19 million, she's the 17th richest member of Congress.

She's an excellent symbol of everything that's wrong with the Democratic Party: Ever-happy to rake in cash for the national organization, standing behind candidates without decent social-progress, anti-war bona fides, and that I-know-what's-better-all-the-time lecturing attitude of some nagging helicopter mother. Whatever her party affiliation, she's part of the national elite, which hasn't a progressive bone in its body. Worth almost $19 million, she's the 17th richest member of Congress.

But, but, but......
    She has soooooo much inner beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    But, but, but......
    She has soooooo much inner beauty.
    Oh! How horrifying! Is that the portrait of her she keeps in her attic? As the Simpsons' sea captain once said, "Arr. That's gonna replace the whale in my nightmares."

At least I'm not the only one revolted by Pelosi's presence at the auto show. She and Harry Reid have been waging war on the U.S. auto industry for their entire careers in the Senate, so for her to come here and take credit for the survival of GM and Chrysler is utterly dishonest. The only reason they didn't finally succeed in croaking GM is because the Obama administration realized - belatedly - that Obama would not be re-electable if he presided over the death of General Motors.

Remember that Pelosi's first act as speaker was to try to strip John Dingell of his accumulated power. It took two years, but she finally did it. But the UAW still doesn't know that the Democratic Party has turned on it.

Rant over; thanks for your indulgence.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Why do you guys hate her?

Because Rush told them to.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Because Rush told them to.
    Actually, Gumby, if you read along, you'll find that many of the people posting here against Pelosi are on the left.

lilpup Guest

Sorry, gumby, you're alone on that one. She and the bulk of the California delegation have had Detroit in their sights for a long time. She finally succeeded in getting Waxman in Dingell's chair but the financial crisis occurred just in time for wiser heads in power to prevail.

So now tell me, Ms. Pelosi, which products on the show floor weren't already in the works when the crisis occurred [[given that it was one year ago and the design cycle for autos is three years)? And, as I recall, Congress voted down aid to the autos, so what exactly are you taking credit for??

It would be more embarrassing seeing Monica or the rest of the D city council at the show. Who cares if Pelosi was there.

lilpup Guest

Pelosi gets international press coverage.

Hmm... so much hate ... all coming from men hmm...

If she didn't show up then everyone would be crying about her not doing due diligence over the companies that we, the taxpayers, now own.

lose lose

Oh and as for the Californians dumping Dingell, one can point out that they have a better grip on the future of the auto, having led the country in advanced emission demands. Unfortunately the Michigan delegation, both parties, has been firmly in the pocket of the US automakers and has stood around and supported them while they led the industry down their path of destruction by building big oil guzzling vehicles.

lilpup Guest

Bullshit, Lowell. California doesn't have an honest grip on anything. They are merely catering to their own state's interests, not the national interest. The automakers would have benefitted greatly from a national energy and industrial policy but you can bet your sweet ass that anything threatening the oil concerns [[which are also present in California) would have been shot down posthaste. If California were so concerned why haven't they facilitated alternative fuels more than they have? Arnie bought all those flex fuel vehicles but didn't even provide alternative fuel facilities for them!! And as far as their emissions standards go, if they are so concerned why are there exemptions from the CARB standards for some automakers???

And I'm NOT MALE!!!

What? Nobody had any tomatoes handy?

God I hate her.
    I didn't realize God sanctioned hate. Anyone know where this appears in the Bible?

Quote Originally Posted by MoparDan View Post
    I didn't realize God sanctioned hate. Anyone know where this appears in the Bible?
    The gods of cyberspace have encouraged billions of words of hate-filled rants in the various fora, blogs, and chat rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    The gods of cyberspace have encouraged billions of words of hate-filled rants in the various fora, blogs, and chat rooms.
    In other words, demagogues & not actually sanctioned by God Himself.

As for states catering to themselves & not the nation, what else is new? And it isn't California that has you in their sights; try just about the entire south. Pelosi is barely a blip on the radar compared to Dixie. You people should be more worried about Shelby, Corker, & McConnell, not to mention the gang running Texas down here.

Haikoont Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    And I'm NOT MALE!!!
    pics??????

Dig dat! Criticism of the new dem saviors is not by default blow-hard Limbaugh inspired. Neat world if all could be summed up so nice and tidy - ipso-fat-so left vs. right cabala where we point fingers. That's the "distraction" in wide-screen. Meanwhile the power brokers [[dem and repub) move the chess pieces beneath us.

The independent thinker is not bought by obligatory loyalty to a party or its talking heads of "either" side!
    Actually, Gumby, if you read along, you'll find that many of the people posting here against Pelosi are on the left.

I have no issue with tossing both her and Reid out on their asses. These two [[and a few others) represents everything that's wrong with the Democrat party. And for those keeping score at home; yes, I'm a Democrat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast