Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    If that was the case, why are the prisons and jails full of people???!?!?
    Lots of bad people out there, ejames.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    Lots of bad people out there, ejames.
    so, kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out?

If they threaten you with a gun then shoot them [[just make sure you are within your legal right to).

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I have the reverse of this story: On October 20, in broad daylight, a retired neighbor of mine in SW Detroit surprised a teen-ager and his friend trying to climb in my neighbor's back window. Kids take off when they see my neighbor come into the room. Neighbor has his car keys at the ready and chases the kids in his car for a few blocks - when the kids stop, neighbor yells at them to stay away from his house or he'll shoot them. One kid lifts his shirt and jacket and removes a gun from his waistband and points it at neighbor. Neighbor leaves and is confounded. What to do when even teen-age kids have guns when they come to rob you????

Retroit Guest

Since it appears this debate is going nowhere, I'd like to throw out a question:

What is your plan of action if you were in a situation where you suspected someone was in the process of breaking into your home but had not actually gotten inside? You don't have to use the specifics of the Croff case, but just a general, generic break in.

Options are:
    1. Run and hide
    2. Shout or make noise to scare them away
    3. Chase them until they depart your property
    4. Chase them until you beat the hell out of them [[or vice-versa)
    Any other options? BTW, I would assume in all cases, you would call police.
    Last edited by Retroit; January-06-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added underlined clarification

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    so, kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out?
    Not all of them. Just the bad ones.

Not all of them. Just the bad ones.
    And how 'bad' does one have to be to merit the death penalty?

Shoot them [[if they are In or attempting to enter my home)

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Since it appears this debate is going nowhere, I'd like to throw out a question:

What is your plan of action if you were in a situation where your home was in the process of being broken into? You don't have to use the specifics of the Croff case, but just a general, generic break in.

Options are:
    1. Run and hide
    2. Shout or make noise to scare them away
    3. Chase them until they depart your property
    4. Chase them until you beat the hell out of them [[or vice-versa)
    Any other options? BTW, I would assume in all cases, you would call police.

fury is just taking over the silliness throne from ms. G

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    And how 'bad' does one have to be to merit the death penalty?

Oh my, she is going to shoot me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. G View Post
    OK. I stopped responding to you. I only called you an idiot after you called me a hypocrite. I suggest you back off of me.

fury is just taking over the silliness throne from ms. G
    Nope... just tired of criminals "getting over." I am weary of the posturing, the language, the intimidation, the robbing, the theiving, the killing. I am sick of the thugs being free to do their thing whenever the hell they feel like it.

I would like them all executed too, but it is not responsible to suggest that citizens should go around shooting bad guys. Especially when you are not willing to do it yourself.

Nope... just tired of criminals "getting over." I am weary of the posturing, the language, the intimidation, the robbing, the theiving, the killing. I am sick of the thugs being free to do their thing whenever the hell they feel like it.

What kind of sick person wants to shoot people that they debate with on a forum?

Good, so you were listening.

Yep, it's not completely true [[I live in Detroit), there are areas for sure that have very, VERY slow police response... several pockets of the east side have very low coverage, areas on the west side too. WSU has good coverage tandem with WSU police. Downtown too, especially for special events.... wall to wall standing around sometimes...
    That is NOT true. What part of Detroit do you live in?

Call the police AND arm yourself - I detailed the options of overhead shot with shot gun [[bird shot vs XX) in earlier posts. Some cops will advise you to call 911 and put the phone down [[so the 911 operator will have a recording of your "lawful" actions. Then wait for the person to actually come inside and be ready to to shot ONLY IF you must. Never go to the intruder, this is dangerous unless you are "swat" trained.

Untrained folks who have engaged an intruder often have had guns taken from them. Bad day! Best to wait until they are in your space, ready.

Most thieves know the characteristic "chik-zchakz" sound of a pump-style shot gun racked and ready and will leave. Or an overhead or ceiling shot may deter and hasten a quick exit sparing you from harm or having to shoot. In any event it is all recorded and verifies you did not pursue or chase anyone down an alley.
    Shoot them [[if they are In or attempting to enter my home)

Some of these robbers, b&e perps, and car jackers are cowards seeking easy prey. Some are not expecting a response or refusal to simply be a victim....

A friend of mine was getting in her car in the dark going to work in her own drive way and a young guy saw her came forward fast, stating: "get in the car and gimme the keys!" She pulled out her gun -- he sorta froze and walked briskly away, then started to run as he went along. She then quickly went back into the house called the police who came fairly fast [[in this case) and took the report.

She has a CCW so she was ok on that level and the attempt was on her property and she did not pursue the guy.
    If they threaten you with a gun then shoot them [[just make sure you are within your legal right to).

You have a valid point. Someone participating in a debate would have more to add than absurd opinions, name calling and threats.

We're not debating, you're an idiot. I don't argue [[or debate) with idiots. You're bringing a knife to a gun fight. [[That will just get you shot).

A lot of people are getting CCW permits. If you plan on getting one, be prepared to spend 1/2 day at the county clerk.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...d_273955_7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ms. G View Post
    we're not debating, you're an idiot. I don't argue [[or debate) with idiots. You're bringing a knife to a gun fight. [[that will just get you shot).
    :d:d:d
    bang bang!

For sure, it seems the "break-in" crowd is getting bolder and "younger" and some home owners are getting "bold" and fighting back... not chasing someone down the alley - we see the problem with that. Got that. But some are considering at least long guns as the back up to protect family etc. from someone inside your home.

smudge pot Guest

But... there are NO cops. Not available, anyway. Not in Detroit.
    The only thing cops guarantee is that the paperwork will get done, properly. They'll put on the gloves, yellow-tape the scene. Meanwhile, are you dead? A statistic? Small comfort there. Anonymous quote: "I'd rather have twelve men try me than six men bury me".

So did the police catch the criminal?? or is he still at large?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Some of these robbers, b&e perps, and car jackers are cowards seeking easy prey. Some are not expecting a response or refusal to simply be a victim....

A friend of mine was getting in her car in the dark going to work in her own drive way and a young guy saw her came forward fast, stating: "get in the car and gimme the keys!" She pulled out her gun -- he sorta froze and walked briskly away, then started to run as he went along. She then quickly went back into the house called the police who came fairly fast [[in this case) and took the report.

She has a CCW so she was ok on that level and the attempt was on her property and she did not pursue the guy.

Yep. That's why some cops will tell you to have a backup within your home for the last call option "after" you dial 911 if the intruder persists.... the police clearly know they may not get there in time. There simply is too much territory to cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post
    The only thing cops guarantee is that the paperwork will get done, properly. They'll put on the gloves, yellow-tape the scene. Meanwhile, are you dead? A statistic? Small comfort there. Anonymous quote: "I'd rather have twelve men try me than six men bury me".
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-10-10 at 07:52 PM.

Nope, but it is suspected he lives in the neighborhood......
    Quote Originally Posted by Wykkidx View Post
    So did the police catch the criminal?? or is he still at large?

Ask yourself what would Ted Nugent do? THis guy is a true American hero.

Ravine Guest

Nice try, CP30.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast