Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Ziggy, you must be a lawyer, you sure sound like one.

Chuck_MI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    It does stink but was it illegal?
    Yes, it was illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    You have a happy new year too..........and work on your comprehension skills!!!!
    What comprehensions skills have I expressed lack in here as pertaining to your obsession with CB. Protesting as much you have you almost every post shows a lack of something in your life! Now I have not tried to be mean nor nasty to you so tell us all-- Are you Christine Beatty? The potty mouth one that wants police to know who she was so closely involved with?

Enjoy your hoppin john and chittlins.

Chill out!

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    What comprehensions skills have I expressed lack in here as pertaining to your obsession with CB. Protesting as much you have you almost every post shows a lack of something in your life! Now I have not tried to be mean nor nasty to you so tell us all-- Are you Christine Beatty? The potty mouth one that wants police to know who she was so closely involved with?

Enjoy your hoppin john and chittlins.

Chill out!
    The last two words of your rather unfocused pot here are something you might consider...

Say what? Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Sorry Lowell, you and I are at the opposite end of the poles on this one. You don't just do the crime and then do your time. You spend your life making up for the bad you've done. As it should be. Soon enough, she'll be back to practicing law with a politically connected law firm. I'm hoping all will NOT be forgotten. It shouldn't be. She doesn't necessarily have to pay for the rest of her life, but if she has any conscience, she'll never forget what took place. It'll be with her every day of her life. She's awfully lucky compared to most stiffs who experience a conviction. Look at people who've experienced a sex related offense. They get run out of towns and states. And, I believe she still has her law license. CB mixed corruption with arrogance. Her fall was long and hard. Thuuuuuuud. Too bad.
    She doesn't have her law license, she was attending law school when all the lies hit the fan. You can attend law school with a felony conviction for perjury. She will have to start over somewhere, somehow. I don't feel sorry for her in the least, but she surely got the short end of the stick on more than one occassion, considering she opened her legs to Kwame.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    I have the nagging feeling that Christine Beatty is going to wind up on the City payroll again, probably on a newly elected council person's staff in a behind the scenes, but well paid, position. Maybe it will be an official job, maybe it will be a contract position for "consulting" services. When it comes to light, the council person who hires her will justify the move by lauding Beatty's experience and "know how".

I've got no inside information that this will happen, just a suspicion based on following Detroit politics for a long time.
    Let us not forget that Ms. Beatty is good friends with newly-elected councilwoman Saunteel Jenkins.

Oh great. Friends with Saunteel Jenkins. Nice, well you are judged in part by the friends you keep. Well, if that is true I would ask Jenkins what the hell are you doing with friends like that?

Beatty was a power hungry ho pure and simple. No code except what was good for her. She actively worked to destroy men who for th emost part spent their lives trying to serve the citizens of Detroit. And frankly she was willing to hammer anybody that got in the way of what she wanted or what her man wanted. A stupid fool all the way. Did she really think KK was going to be the one? Take her into the sunset and live happily ever after? Please!! He was/is an animal who was doing plenty of women while he was banging her.

Who cares what happens to that piece of crap. Really. All I would hope for is that her children get a fair shake.

Its beter if she just gets the hell out of Detroit.

Just read that she's been allowed to move to Atlanta.

Why is she being allowed to move?

She petitioned the court for petition to relocate to Atlanta and according to the following article moving trucks are loading up her belongings.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22463268/detail.html

I had an amount of sympathy for her during the trial but later on after reading about what a bitch she was to so many different people I guess I feel now as if she deserved what happened to her. In the long run to me she sounded cruel and money/power hungry.

Sad, there is definitely more to life than money and influence.

word is, Christine is moving to Texas. To be closer to KK!

There's a Compuware location in Atlanta.

I dont think Texas. Carlita would not be happy. I think she geniually wants to start a new.

I wish her the best.

All I wish her is to work hard, put in 20 years as a civil servant, only to be fired for doing her job. That would be poetic justice.

Like her or not, I can say this about Christine Beatty- she's at least seems to be wanting to stay out of the media spotlight. Unlike her fat ex-mayoral buddy who constantly seems to re-occur in court to dicker about his payment/ punishment- she's at least kept somewhat quiet and is willing to get on with her life elsewhere.

I don't know how much good she did the City during her tenure here but to that- we thank you. The other stuff [[and it's been well documented) you can take it and leave town. This proud city deserves better civil servants than you, Ms. Beatty.

Good Luck in Atlanta! At least you won't have to be around so many of these hateful SOBs in SE Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Good Luck in Atlanta! At least you won't have to be around so many of these hateful SOBs in SE Michigan.
    I wouldn't say that there aren't some hateful people here but for what she did [[and got convicted on), she really does need to leave town. Not just for her own good but for our own as well. It's mutual healing. But rest assured that if Christine Beatty or anyone in the public service sector abuses their position, be prepared for public scorn.

And maybe it's a higher standard we hold these people to, but they hold our public trust. Once they lose that I don't think it's out of the question to feel a little bit more animosity towards these folks. Hateful maybe yes, but again- it's because of their actions [[again, let's not forget she got convicted). They chose to be in the public light and to be put under that sort of scrutiny. The higher they climb, the longer they can fall. Do their job well with some humility and while people might not praise them daily, they're living up to the trust we've put in them.

Buy American Guest

If those Atlanta police stop KK's main squeeze, I wonder if she'd ask them "Do you know who the f**k I am?" I don't think that will go over too well. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    If those Atlanta police stop KK's main squeeze, I wonder if she'd ask them "Do you know who the f**k I am?" I don't think that will go over too well. Good riddance.
    Getting back to ejames01's comment about the "hateful SOBs in SE Michigan"- Christine Beatty was obviously one of those SOBs when she was pulled over by the cops back then too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Rick, I agree with your assessment noted above - in most cases. This woman is intelligent, educated and arrogant. She had a high profile job requiring major skills. If she didn't know she was in the spotlight, shame on her. All the best reasons she should be working every day to pay back all of the money and trust lost from her crimes. Some people need to do penance. When you ride high and mighty, you fall way down low. CB is an example of that. When I see her at soup kitchens and food banks helping others, for an extended length of time, I might believe she's seen the error of her ways. Until then, no pity from me. You not only have to do penance, you have to show penance.
    From the position of an ex Detroiter now living on the East coast: This is the kind of stuff that makes Detroit a laughing stock.The crime and corruption of Detroit is legendary.I have to choose carefully who I admit to being an ex Detroiter to,or they will assume that I'm the same way.It's a damn shame because the average Detroiter is a great person.

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    From the position of an ex Detroiter now living on the East coast: This is the kind of stuff that makes Detroit a laughing stock.The crime and corruption of Detroit is legendary.I have to choose carefully who I admit to being an ex Detroiter to,or they will assume that I'm the same way.It's a damn shame because the average Detroiter is a great person.
    For most part, I agree with your post. I lived in San Francisco for a few years and never had a problem saying I was from Detroit. In fact, most people were intrigued and interested. Of course, this was prior to KK putting the shit on Detroiters and our image.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    All I wish her is to work hard, put in 20 years as a civil servant, only to be fired for doing her job. That would be poetic justice.
    Good one! It rates a 9+ on the Dyes Rochter scale IMO.

I had a lot of sympathy for her during the trials, I thought she had been a victim of her true love for the super-sized mayor. But when the news came out that Christine had targeted people for demotions and firings, was vindictive, and had a reputation for demeaning and verbally abusing subordinates and police officers I have to believe she is now paying the price and getting what she deserves, much like KK is now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4