Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    How in the hell are your finances paying her mortgage? That is preposterous. My finances are none of your business neither are Beattys's .... unless you are offering financial help...are you?
    Let's see......she and KK are responsible for how much ill-gotten gains from the public coffers?

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    I have the nagging feeling that Christine Beatty is going to wind up on the City payroll again, probably on a newly elected council person's staff in a behind the scenes, but well paid, position. Maybe it will be an official job, maybe it will be a contract position for "consulting" services. When it comes to light, the council person who hires her will justify the move by lauding Beatty's experience and "know how".

I've got no inside information that this will happen, just a suspicion based on following Detroit politics for a long time.
    You're probably right on this one. It's the politician's way.

How in the hell are your finances paying her mortgage? That is preposterous. My finances are none of your business neither are Beattys's .... unless you are offering financial help...are you?
    Preposterous you say? Preposterous? Might be to you. And no, I'm not offfering financial help. That would be truly preposterous.

Preposterous? Did you steal that line from the Wizard of OZ? Or, was it just the little man behind the curtain?

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Let's see......she and KK are responsible for how much ill-gotten gains from the public coffers?

She was guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice but nowhere was she found guilty of stealing moneyto make her mortgage payment.She was ordered to reimburse the city.That implies she is paying the city for costs the city incurred not money stolen. Frankly your argument looks silly.

To both of you cinkid and you why the hell do you care? Your finances should be public record.
    You need to come up for air!

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    I have the nagging feeling that Christine Beatty is going to wind up on the City payroll again, probably on a newly elected council person's staff in a behind the scenes, but well paid, position. Maybe it will be an official job, maybe it will be a contract position for "consulting" services. When it comes to light, the council person who hires her will justify the move by lauding Beatty's experience and "know how".

I've got no inside information that this will happen, just a suspicion based on following Detroit politics for a long time.
    Her employment with her old classmate is probably already a done deal.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    You need to come up for air!

Just remember if you advocate crude and humiliating measures for others you must be willing to accept them for yourself.

I found Ms.Beattys's behavior obscene and embarrassing and crass. What she said to those cops should have gotten her fired immdediately. However that does not me she is not entitled to the same dignity that our laws extend to everyone. Wild accusations about who is paying her bills is akin to McCarthyism and witch hunt trials. You may scoff but it is the same dynamic at work.

Yes, how dare anybody speculate over the truth about somebody who is a proven liar!

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yes, how dare anybody speculate over the truth about somebody who is a proven liar!

I am sincerely trying to make sense of the above

Lie often enough and people speculate about the truth about you, even when you say you're telling the whole truth.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Lie often enough and people speculate about the truth about you, even when you say you're telling the whole truth.

That may be but it still is none of our concern. She obviously is not using any public money now and was never accused of taking money.

Just remember if you advocate crude and humiliating measures for others you must be willing to accept them for yourself.

I found Ms.Beattys's behavior obscene and embarrassing and crass. What she said to those cops should have gotten her fired immdediately. However that does not me she is not entitled to the same dignity that our laws extend to everyone. Wild accusations about who is paying her bills is akin to McCarthyism and witch hunt trials. You may scoff but it is the same dynamic at work.
    Geez, is that a 'New Rule'? Maybe it's from the bible? Or, the constitution? Hmmm, I know, you made that rule [[law?) up. Right?

Does your 'New Rule' [[law?) apply to Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Secretaries of State, Interrogators, Torturers, Senators, Priests and assorted other malefactors?

I am sincerely trying to make sense of the above
    I appreciate your sincerity. Sincerity only goes so far when you start calling people out in a rude manner. Maybe a little humility would help to make your sincerity more apparent. This is, after all, DetroitYes. A chat/discussion room. Not a confessional. Not that I would ever use a confessional.

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    Says resident hot-head, ultra-cynic, and drama queen.
    How dare you call me a resident!
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; December-29-09 at 11:57 PM.

That may be but it still is none of our concern. She obviously is not using any public money now and was never accused of taking money.
    No, that's not obvious. She well may be using public money she skimmed off the top. I'm not saying she did help herself to public money, I'm just saying it is not obvious that she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    Says resident hot-head, ultra-cynic, and drama queen.
    Wow, that comment is kind of out of left field. 1KD seems to be one of the most mellow, cool-headed people here. If he's cynical it seems to be with merit. Hot-headed and a drama queen? Not even close to being an accurate description. If you notice, he never takes any bait -- his answers are always just mellow.

Ziggyselbin from your posts you really seem to express a deep personal interest/relationship in CB. Is this correct?
    Happy New Year to you.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    Ziggyselbin from your posts you really seem to express a deep personal interest/relationship in CB. Is this correct?
    Happy New Year to you.

You have a happy new year too..........and work on your comprehension skills!!!!

Fair enough. If a buddy ever gets elected and names me his chief of staff, and I run roughshod over the police department and every low-level city employee, and steal taxpayer money to pay my mortgage . . .

. . . then, yeah, I'll fully accept those "crude and humiliating" measures.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    Fair enough. If a buddy ever gets elected and names me his chief of staff, and I run roughshod over the police department and every low-level city employee, and steal taxpayer money to pay my mortgage . . .

. . . then, yeah, I'll fully accept those "crude and humiliating" measures.

.. Please show me where Beatty was found to have stolen taxpayer money to pay here mortgage. The rest is all a matter of public record i.e. the newspapers reported here asshole behavor toward others............nowhere is there evidence of her using taxpayer money...................show me where it is.

Hopefully your Buddy won't appoint you as chief of staff as you seem amenable to running roughshod over others etc...

Thanks Gang. Christine Beatty notwithstanding, a HAPPY New Year to you all!

You all seem to forget that Kwame strong-armed the bank into giving her a "grant" so that she could qualify for the mortgage in the first place! When questioned about it, the bank [[Fifth Third?) President said that the grant was a "good business decision" - In other words they gave her the money so they could still do business with the COD, plain and simple. Sounds like borderline extortion to me.........yet nothing was ever done.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    You all seem to forget that Kwame strong-armed the bank into giving her a "grant" so that she could qualify for the mortgage in the first place! When questioned about it, the bank [[Fifth Third?) President said that the grant was a "good business decision" - In other words they gave her the money so they could still do business with the COD, plain and simple. Sounds like borderline extortion to me.........yet nothing was ever done.

It does stink but was it illegal?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast