Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Thinking deeply? Empathy? Sympathy? Feelings? Relating to? All good concepts in their proper place. I save those for people who realize the wrongs they committed and work at correcting and paying back for those wrongs. I've had to scrutinize my actions in my life and at times apologize and make good. I've never remotely approached doing what CB and KK did. I still look at myself in the mirror. I'm not comparing CB's wrongdoings to KK's, but she was wrong nonetheless. She has to deal with it. If people capping on her is part of the deal - so be it. I'm still angry about what took place.

It seems to me that she does have remorse. I was very offended by her abuse of power. It seemed so stupid to treat those cops like that because the potential damage to her career could have been and was indeed cataclysmic........ghetto mentality?

As for her law career she was in law school so as a convicted felon I am unsure of how it all works. According to Wiki she is currently not in school.

Regardless of how one feels for her- whether it's sympathy, remorse, hatred or disdain, it just makes me think if I were in her shoes... why would I stick around this area?

Simply put, she's tainted goods. Move out to another state and try to start new. Get a new do, change your name, do something to revive your career! Have some Carlita-esque surgery if you must... but I can't see her being an asset to anyone here in the Detroit area. Even if she was a superb lawyer, would you as a prospective client feel comfortable hiring her?

Whether she's remorseful or not, that's her call. I hope that she is. She abused her power and got slapped down for it- not just in the court of law but by the court of public opinion. But as a fellow human being, I hope she can start new somewhere else and hopefully she can rebuild her life somehow someway.

Her arrogance was offensive -- especially as it was applied to same community she was entrusted to serve. Such is the endorced fabric of Detroit politics. She must have thought the disney ride would never end. But it all ends -- a lesson in the final fruits of arrogance. The same people you dissed recall you on your way down...

She and KK have TWO [[2) felonies on their records and "TWO" is the magic number!

Correct me if I am wrong someone, but I think you can only have ONE [[1) felony expunged from your record per lifetime? That is why two felonies is worse than one. Recall KK yammering on about having his felony expunged BEFORE finishing his probation!

Where did these folks go to law school? AttorneysRus.com?

Expungement or Diversion of a Felony case usually occurs AFTER the probation and full restitution NOT BEFORE - duh?
    In any event a convicted felon can still vote in Michigan. I wonder if that is so in Texas? If not KK's enthusiasm might be dampened a bit to boast that he is now "a Texan!"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    It seems to me that she does have remorse. I was very offended by her abuse of power. It seemed so stupid to treat those cops like that because the potential damage to her career could have been and was indeed cataclysmic........ghetto mentality?

As for her law career she was in law school so as a convicted felon I am unsure of how it all works. According to Wiki she is currently not in school.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-23-09 at 09:23 AM.