Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Poor Christine Beatty -- NOT!

http://www.freep.com/article/2009122...8tMGZqOAE6Y%3D

Freep staff writer Joe Swickard's story on C. Beatty got me a little pissed. Oh, yes, now she's a single mom trying to make ends meet and rebuild her life, no longer the high-flying city official who, when caught speeding by patrolmen, asked them if they knew "who the $[[#*" she was. No longer the woman who treated cops doing their duty "worse than dope men." No longer calling the chief of police on the phone to avoid a ticket. No longer the corrupt chief of staff colluding with a criminal mayor on how to fire honest cops.

You know what? You give people power, and power tests them. They do something wrong, and it shows they didn't deserve that power. Are we supposed to feel sorry for her facing her comeuppance? For falling from power that corrupted her so completely?

I just want her to disappear so I never have to see her name again. Don't set up anybody up for a comeback, please. CB: We know exactly who the $%*# you are.

It was an interesting juxtaposition, CB's situation, compared with her former paramour's. But it did strike me as presuming a lot, without an interview with her, to say that she's learned more from the incident than KK did.
    How can we know?

We can't. I think Swickard is hinting at a double-standard when it comes to the way they're being treated. But there's a double-standard, too, in seeing Kwame's crimes clearly and seeming so sympathetic to the "woman done wrong." If CB's a victim, she has only herself to blame.

Something in the back of my head makes me believe that her and KK have a lot of money stashed away. Bobby F got a lot of work out of those two, don't tell me that some of that profit didn't go back to CB and KK.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Something in the back of my head makes me believe that her and KK have a lot of money stashed away. Bobby F got a lot of work out of those two, don't tell me that some of that profit didn't go back to CB and KK.
    If they weren't smart enough to figure out that those text messages on their city owed cell phones wouldn't eventually show up somewhere...then they weren't smart enough to stash some money somewhere...that's what happens when you use your genitalia to think with.

Last edited by EastsideQT; December-22-09 at 03:59 PM.

"Kilpatrick and his family now lease a $1-million mini-mansion in swanky Southlake, Texas, outside Dallas. The ex-mayor's credit card shows payments of $158 at a nail salon, nearly $600 at a Gucci shop and $15,000 on elective plastic surgery for his wife, Carlita Kilpatrick."

If the Kilpatricks are so broke, how does Carlita afford THAT? That kind of thing ticks me off...

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    "Kilpatrick and his family now lease a $1-million mini-mansion in swanky Southlake, Texas, outside Dallas. The ex-mayor's credit card shows payments of $158 at a nail salon, nearly $600 at a Gucci shop and $15,000 on elective plastic surgery for his wife, Carlita Kilpatrick."

If the Kilpatricks are so broke, how does Carlita afford THAT? That kind of thing ticks me off...
    If my friends were paying my bills I could afford to shop at Gucci's, get my hair and nails done every week, and have a little body work done too.....

Retroit Guest

I don't feel sorry for her, but I think her story provides a good lesson for women on why they should not get romantically involved with their boss, especially if he is married and is a rotten crook.

Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas.

I agree, Softrail....if not, how has she survived all this time with no income? I mean, how do you buy food and pay the utility bills, school clothes etc without ANY income? I don't believe anything either one of them say. They are both accomplished liars. I have no sympathy for them. If it were any one of us that did these things, we would be languishing in jail for many many years. As the saying goes...power corrupts....absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    I agree, Softrail....if not, how has she survived all this time with no income? I mean, how do you buy food and pay the utility bills, school clothes etc without ANY income? I don't believe anything either one of them say. They are both accomplished liars. I have no sympathy for them. If it were any one of us that did these things, we would be languishing in jail for many many years. As the saying goes...power corrupts....absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Right on again, Blueidone.

With all of the money KK is languishing in, you can bet he's sending her money monthly to help her live. She's leasing a Land Rover, for pete's sake. You can't live that on unemployment, and I'm not buying their story about how she's living on her savings -- that would have run out long ago. I think KK is sending her hush money and will continue to do so until the statute of limitations expires on his crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    With all of the money KK is languishing in, you can bet he's sending her money monthly to help her live. She's leasing a Land Rover, for pete's sake. You can't live that on unemployment, and I'm not buying their story about how she's living on her savings -- that would have run out long ago. I think KK is sending her hush money and will continue to do so until the statute of limitations expires on his crimes.
    When she came out of jail they said she only had $7.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post

Not to mention that pretty big house she's still living at in Rosedale Park. Who's paying the mortgage if she doesn't have a job?? Anyone else would be foreclosed on by now, the way these banks and lenders are taking back people's homes.

Blarf Guest

Christine Beatty looks like a hybrid of a horse mixed with Scotty Pippin. That is one messed up looking woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Christine Beatty looks like a hybrid of a horse mixed with Scotty Pippin. That is one messed up looking woman.
    This guy would make a good politician. Republicrat or Demican. Name calling skills are highly prized in the political arena nowadays.

MichMatters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Name calling skills are highly prized in the political arena nowadays.
    Says resident hot-head, ultra-cynic, and drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I don't really agree, in most of the photos I've seen she looks attractive. I've never seen her in person though. She seems to have a REALLY nice body.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Not to mention that pretty big house she's still living at in Rosedale Park. Who's paying the mortgage if she doesn't have a job?? Anyone else would be foreclosed on by now, the way these banks and lenders are taking back people's homes.
    Are you?[[paying the mortgage)If not why the hell do you care.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    No need to be a a- -wipe, unless you can't help it. I'm just saying if she was a common joe no favors would be forth coming. Plenty of people losing houses that are unemployed that don't get special treatment.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-27-09 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    No need to be a a- -wipe, unless you can't help it. I'm just saying if she was a common joe no favors would be forth coming. Plenty of people losing houses that are unemployed that don't get special treatment.
    Some losing their homes being employed because of cutbacks. I would like to see where the funds to maintain this lifestyle are coming from. Since she owes the city money, her finances should be public record.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    My tax dollars might be paying the mortgage. She made her bed, now I'd like to know who's paying for it - and who's sleeping in it.

It looks like she is doing what she needs to do. So I will assume the best and wish her the best of luck.

Leave her alone. Don't you people have anything better to do!!!!!!!!!

While I don't feel sorry for her, I certainly have more patience with her than Kilpatrick. She resigned early on, and didn't drag the scandal out; did her jail time; and has been repaying her debt to the city, without help from Peter Karmanos or other rich business.

No, I don't like her, and I'm not trying to defend what she did. But she doesn't make me anywhere near as angry as Kilpatrick.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast