Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I propose merging this thread with the "Meat...I need it" thread in Discuss Detroit.

ccbatson Guest

Where are all of these conservatives coming from on this thread? No matter, welcome, we need the infusion of more rational thought.

"Let me know if you need an explanation as to why."

Speculation? Current trendy investment? It doesn't have much to do with the current or future economic conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by notimpressed View Post
    Now you have made quite obvious you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation other than stupid or snotty questions or remarks.

That's what happens when you follow a failed ideology. You can't bring an intelligent argument to the table so you rely on name calling or responding to a question with another question over and over.

Weak man, weak. It was expected though.
    Pot, meet Kettle.

A question was asked, an answer was given. Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Where are all of these conservatives coming from on this thread?
    Out from under their rocks, apparently.
    No matter, welcome, we need the infusion of more rational thought.
    Yes, please; it's become painfully obvious that Cc can't carry that particular ball.

You obviously have not been following the conversation between novine and myself throughout this thread.

Make your snide remarks after you get up to speed.
    The only one being snide or snotty here is yourself. So far you're living down to my expectations.

I'm fully aware of the conversation, thank you. I can even recap it for you, if your memory isn't up to the task.

You stated that gold was $1,000+ an ounce, and [[rhetorically, I presume) solicited a reason why that should be so. The implication was that it was tied somehow to whatever dire economic foolishness you allege to be the fault of the current administration in particular and Democrats in general.

Novine offered two perfectly reasonable explanations which didn't fit your predetermined economic construction, so instead of countering with a [[to you) more rational explanation you simply attacked him/her as "stupid, snotty," etc., etc.

Just what oh, so subtle underlying nuance of this exchange did you think I'd missed?

For your edification, ad homimem attacks are not argument. Offer something substantive in rebuttal or shut your pie hole.

You need some anger management counseling. You have issues.

Since all you can do is spout vitriol and insults without addressing the question, I'm finished here.

Spew on, brother...spew on.

Against my better judgement, I'll post one last time. [[Old Russian proverb: Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time, and annoys the pig.)
    You need some reading comprehension courses.

Here was your question: "Just what oh, so subtle underlying nuance of this exchange did you think I'd missed?"

What didn't I explain to your satisfaction, little man?
    Um, whatever it was you think I missed with your statement "Make your snide remarks after you get up to speed."? Or is that too much for you to answer?
    You're getting lazy again.
    Unsubstantiated assumption. Implication that I was somehow "lazy" before, which you have not established.
    Was it too complex for your liberal bias to follow? Speak up.
    Unsubstantiated assumption no. 2. You assume I have a liberal "bias", which you have not established.

Remember, you're the one that came on like the tough guy, handing out advice without having a clue as to what you were talking about.
    On the contrary, I knew and know exactly what I was talking about, namely your egregious ad hominems. You seem to be the only one confused here.

Anger? Sheeeit man, I am having fun and gauging from your response or lack of one, you aren't.
    No, I'm not. [[See: Russian proverb, above)

Next time you try to throw a plate full of shit at someone, make sure you don't get it all over yourself.
    No shit was thrown, unless you threw it.
    You and novine aren't even half as smart as you think you are.
    Unsubstantiated assumption no. 3. Nowhere did I imply that I thought I was smart.

Honesty. Look it up, understand it and live by it. You will be a better person for it.
    And here we get to the nub of the question: Just exactly what did you think was "dishonest" about my post? And be specific, please. [[Oh, and if you can manage it, try not to show yourself to be an insulting ass about it.)
    Last edited by elganned; December-22-09 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    I, for one, am very impressed...keep it up brother impressed.
    You impress easily, it seems. For someone who takes pains to point out that you only address the issues with "reason" and "logic", this guy's lack of demonstration of either seems to delight you too much. Expect him to do all your heavy lifting for you?

Notimpressed: I was just wondering whether you had a point to make, or whether you were just another small person who substitutes condescention and bile for reasoned argument. Sadly, you have proven yourself the latter. Cc, he's all yours.

NOW I'm finished.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Yes, yes - feeding starving American children and regulating banks are both "ill conceived" missions.... No profits to be had feeding starving children, so why would anybody try to do that ?
    Show me where those are listed powers/duties for Congress, and then we'll talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2