Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What about the vacant dilapidated building that sits next to the former library. The city need to tear that eyesore down. It is dangerous too. Use to be a nice building back in the day. Does Matty the prune Moroun own that one also? Detroiters have to be embarrassed having inexperienced, bought and paid for elected officials making decisions for the city. Even Mildred Gaddis with her infenite wisdom had back peddled from supporting this so called officials. Never listen to anything she and other talkshow hosts have to say.

I took these pictures last month, compare them with the ones I took about a year ago in post #36 of this thread.

That god*[[@%& Stoned Planet guy. I have his real name and place of business, and I am half tempted to post it on here. What a raging jackass.

You should, I've recently seen his name inside several historic buildings that I thought were closed up and in decent shape.

My second home as a kid was the Jefferson Branch Library on Outer Drive just north of Warren Ave right next to the Alger Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    That god*[[@%& Stoned Planet guy. I have his real name and place of business, and I am half tempted to post it on here. What a raging jackass.
    Are you really that much of a deuchebag? A name written on a building is the fuel for you fire?

You get mad at someone for writing their name on a building, but you don't get nearly as mad when the property owner lets it start falling down due to negligence.. Get a clue dude! The word STONED on some WINDOWS can be wiped right off! Can that roof be wiped right off? Can the walls inside of the structure be wiped right off?

You should be getting mad at the people who allow the buildings to fall into such disrepair in the first place! Get a clue or a life, either or would help you in your endeavors!

The building next door to it need to go first. I had thought that Mark Twain was saved by a Catholic organization. That building could be made into a school or some type of business. It has a full kitchen upstairs and a lot of loft space that used to be the "Stacks' where they had kept the older books. It also has two restrooms. The basement has two restrooms, a small room used for showing movies and other events, a janitors office, and a boiler room. Is the city not giving the building permit to the new owners if someone had purchased the building? There is another libray on Field street near Lafayette that had been closed for years. These buildings could be put to good use. Raze the dilapadated structures that sit on Vernor and Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One View Post
    Are you really that much of a deuchebag? A name written on a building is the fuel for you fire?

You get mad at someone for writing their name on a building, but you don't get nearly as mad when the property owner lets it start falling down due to negligence.. Get a clue dude! The word STONED on some WINDOWS can be wiped right off! Can that roof be wiped right off? Can the walls inside of the structure be wiped right off?

You should be getting mad at the people who allow the buildings to fall into such disrepair in the first place! Get a clue or a life, either or would help you in your endeavors!
    No one ever said I wasn't pissed at the property owners. Why does this, what's your word, "deuchebag," and others like him have to go and destroy stuff? Yes, buildings will show some wear and tear without them, but why do you think the Lafayette Building came down? If you think it wasn't because of the "deuchebags" like him making them look like schitt, it would still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    No one ever said I wasn't pissed at the property owners. Why does this, what's your word, "deuchebag," and others like him have to go and destroy stuff? Yes, buildings will show some wear and tear without them, but why do you think the Lafayette Building came down? If you think it wasn't because of the "deuchebags" like him making them look like schitt, it would still be here.
    I agree! Great point buildings! Here is one of MY OWN pics from just last week....As DetroitZack knows It is quite RARE when I show my own stuff! LOL! What ya'll think?

Attachment 8098

Looking at pictures of vacated DPS buildings and now DPL buildings makes me think I am watching The Walking Dead.What a shame.
    As both of my Dads told me growing up. " We live in a wasteful society". Both were smart enough to have married my Mom, And while thinking of it both left for the burbs around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One View Post

You left the window open, like an asshole.

And your "two wrongs make a right" argument is total bullshit.

LOL I left the window open? Or did I go in an open window or door?

Get this straight.. I am not the one opening these places up! I am not the one ripping the copper out of the walls or stealing things or breaking things for that matter!
    A fresh coat of paint never hurt anything :P It actually preserves what is underneath :P

We can argue about this like little kids if you all want, but we ALL know for a fact that painting a few letters does absolutely no damage to any property..
    It may even draw the attention of the property owner and get them to take better care of the property..

I have yet to find one of these abandonments that doesn't have busted up walls, falling ceilings, water leaks, etc.. Even a little terd of a place right by me was wide open for a few years with ripped up walls and the power was still on..

You can say putting a name on some glass "opens the window" for more names on the building but don't your photos do the exact same thing? You are taking pictures of street art canvas.
    Have you ever said once go* *amn that NARK guy? or that you hope SID dies? Or is it just me you want to focus on? Hell, why not bring SC into the mix?

Now, shut up and enjoy the show
    http://www.stonedplanet.com/index.ph...162&Itemid=242

the window well around back had pools of blood in it yesterday

Someone cut by glass on their way in or out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared9903 View Post
    the window well around back had pools of blood in it yesterday

You cant just post that and not explain....I know several explorers that may have hurt themselves at Mark Twain. Now I am worried, especially because I have been in Texas all week on vacation. Please Jared...let me know what it looked like.

Sorry I was out of town. We did not go in [[obviously) but we were looking at the building, and there were pools of blood leading to a white tarp with blood on it. It was still glistening, so we called 9-1-1 and got out of there. A friend of a friend was there that day and saw nothing. I have a photo of it, but I do not want to put it up as it is pretty disturbing.

Thanks for the reply....I have since talked to my fellow "explorers", so they are okay. But I still wonder what happened. Look above [[pic) and you can see that I was there in December, but the last time that I checked Mark Twain in January or February the fence was locked up and the windows were boarded up. So the building is open again huh?!

Just an FYI -Said person [[who shall remain nameless) fell off the top step of the ladder. In bad shape, but will recover.

that was a lot of blood for falling 5 feet, but i wish the best if that is the case.

Those were the days...
    Chandler Elementary...
    Walking to the Mark Twain library after school...
    Block Club Parties....
    And Motown Music....
    The Seventies were great!!

I was driving by Mark TWain Library the other day and I saw a big sign on the front of the building about a meeting this week about "What to do with the Mark Twain Detroit Public Library Branch?" I wonder what they will do with it...I would like to see them at least restore the building and try to save it from the scrappers and vandals.

Wow. I thought TRTL was obnoxious. I can't believe a grown person capable of operating a computer took the time to write STONED in such a shitty, non-artful way. Take some graffiti lessons if you're going to continue to treat abandoned classics like your personal canvas.

Default Mark Twain Library

I had noticed work was being done on the former Mark Twain Library building today.I would love to know what is the plan for the building.

Boarding up the place again?

This building was one of the first buildings I encountered in this forum since I found it. The building was closed but still in a decent shape. And much of the inventary was also still in place, although I think most of the books are now infested with mildew. Since then I saw post after post of more missing parts like the gutters, ironwork and also the lettering on the building. I wonder what it looks now.

I had spoken to one of the workers who were at the building today. He has said that they are removing the asbestos before they raze the building. He did say that the books that were left in their were in bad shape.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast