Back in the 70's and early 80s my father had a law firm on the 30th and 31st floors. Because of my parents deteriorating marriage I some times would spend days with him at the building. I remember rooming the stairs for hours, sometimes going up to the ABX station office just above. Other times he would safety pin some money and a note to me saying 'give this boy a 6 pack of Strohs beer and a carton of Kool cigarettes" and send me across the street to the store across from Lafeyette Coney Island. I also got busted another time for throwing out my weebles to see them plummel to the streets. Not the best parenting to be sure but it did leave quite a few strong impression, many of which still commonly come back to me in my dreams.

My last time back there, about seven years ago, I dropped in at the building and after talking to the guard about my memories he gave me the keys to both floors, which were both empty at the time. The 2 things that struck me were how small it really is [[much smaller than my childhood memories lead me to believe) and what a great view it now has on Comerica Park. From where my fathers old desk once sat you can see directly across to home plate.

I hope who ever owns it now treasures and rpeserves it for what it is.