Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    Every once in awhile there is a thread on this building, but of all of downtown's major skyscrapers, this one gets the least attention and the least seems to be known about its recent history. I've tried to do a little research to little avail.

Does anyone know the name of the company that currently owns the building? Is it actively being leased? The only thing I've been able to find on it is that a Marusich Architecture has a renovation plan for it listed under their "Current Projects" on their website:

God knows how "current" this is. So, anyone knows who owns the tower?
    The owner is Nick Tsalis, an attorney. I met with him today because I am looking for places for my company to move to downtown. Just some information I learned from meeting with him that you people might be interested to know...the building is about 30% used and there is less then a dozen tenants.

MichMatters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    The owner is Nick Tsalis, an attorney. I met with him today because I am looking for places for my company to move to downtown. Just some information I learned from meeting with him that you people might be interested to know...the building is about 30% used and there is less then a dozen tenants.
    Thanks for that, Zack.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    Thanks Zack. I've known him for years but haven't spoken to him in a couple. I'm glad Nick's still hanging on. The building makes a nice law office. I tried to get the Detroit Filmmakers CoOp a/k/a the Detroit Film Center to move there prior to the Book Building. They had so many problems with the Book, I bet [[I know) they wished they'd moved to Nick's building instead. Anyway, Nick and the Stott are still there - that's good news.

The Stott is my favorite skyscraper in the city. Just like the building's quiet image, the architects Donaldson and Meier are also not as well known as they should be. Their contribution to the city's architectual history especially all of their commissions for the Archdiocese of Detroit are quite extensive!
    Last edited by p69rrh51; December-18-09 at 11:53 PM.