Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

eastside,c, I saw you were in the class of 75 at Denby as was I. can you give me some hints on who you are? I was on the guys swim team 73-75.

I was into acting. Played Murray the cop in The Odd Couple

I also played a lot of Foosball across the street at the subshop

Harper Woods Notre Dame 1963. Guess that makes me older than dirt

St. Alphonsus, 1981 [[another twelve-year parochial school veteran)

Immaculata class of 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    St. Alphonsus, 1981 [[another twelve-year parochial school veteran)

Veteran or Survivor?

Zitro, heh, when I use derogatory remarks, some catch that as an attack on their faith!

I am MORE than a survivor...St. Al's really instilled everything I needed to honestly analyze and describe the world around me...while never actually making me a proper sheople. They couldn't break me, although they most certainly tried!

Zitro, heh, when I use derogatory remarks, some catch that as an attack on their faith!

I am MORE than a survivor...St. Al's really instilled everything I needed to honestly analyze and describe the world around me...while never actually making me a proper sheople. They couldn't break me, although they most certainly tried!

I understand I'm a 12 year survivor myself that's why I asked. St. Jude and Notre Dame 74'

... [[another twelve-year parochial school veteran)
    Same here, 12 years at St. Marys of Redford. Had to move all the way across the parking lot/playground when I went into high scool. And it was two short blocks from my house, as was the church. Not a whole lot of variety in those 12 years! It was quite a change for me when I started college. From knowing almost everyone [[graduating class of 130 or so) to knowing almost nobody. Ironically, on my first day of college, in my first class, who ends up in that class but a good friend of mine from St. Marys! And in walks the teacher for that class, and she's a nun - the only one I ever had in college.

Had a good friend who lived right near St. Als, on Reuter, but he went to Fordson [[class of 78). Used to hang out up at Ford Woods quite a bit back then, Hines even more so.

Lphs 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Detroit Pershing, a long time ago.
    So, did my mom, '58-'59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    Ummm... I'm not sure I remember.
    Must've been R.U. High.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Westland John Glenn 87, But Mom wished I was Lutheran West 87
    West was better than Westland. I went to John Glenn for Voc-Tech [[graphics), and I begged a kid who went there and his family to pull a scam that certified that lived at their Westland address so I could attend that school and not attend the fascist, theatening Lutheran one I was at. But hey! I ended up going my last year at the now-non-existent Bishop Borgess, made friends with everyone, learned better things, and I don't regret being stubborn about transferring to a better and humbler situation because of it. Thank God for options.

Kettering Detroit. Lived across the street from school.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; January-02-15 at 06:20 PM.

Anthony Wayne Elementary 1944-1951
    Andrew Jackson Intermediate 1951-1953
    [[very non-PC to name schools after injun killers)
    Edwin Denby High 1953-1954
    Rochester High School 1954-1957

Denby was so big [[around 4,500), we went to school in shifts and i never really got into the spirit of the place. Rochester was a very small high school [[about 500 in the 7th-12th grades) and all of the kids had gone to school together since kindergarten. I was sort of odd man out. College was so much better and all of my long term enduring friendships are from college [[948 total student body).

Clawson High, '02

Milford High Class of 97'. Go Redskins!

Ferndale High School '66. State Class A basketball champions that year.......

Chadsey - Class of 1972

ULS class of '83

I went to Pontiac Catholic. My husband went to Harper Woods Notre Dame, which when it closed shop there, went out to Oakland County & took over the building & grounds of what was Pontiac Catholic. We both get alumni mail from them, which now known as Notre Dame Prep. It's mostly focused on either the current NDP or HWND folks. Any of us from PC or Oakland Catholic which it was for 2 yrs or even St. Michael's in Pontiac where it originally started from are second class to them, but they still want our donations.

Trenton High, c/o 1983

Detroit St. Andrews

University Liggett School 1976-1980.

Designed by Robert O. Derrick. Detroit University School 1045 Cook Road built in 1929 Grosse Pointe Woods, MI. Includes an image from the ULS website and a rendering of the building from a 1930 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

Renamed Grosse Pointe University School in 1954, and later renamed University Liggett School after a merger of the Liggett School and Grosse Pointe University School in 1969.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast