Go Abes!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What High School did YOU go to?

Lee M Thurston High School
    Redford twp., mi [[ class of 61)

Cass Tech, 1965 [[January)

Went to Regina Class of 80
    Brother went to Notre Dame 81 and Sister went to Denby 77

Bunch of Catholics on this thread, LOL. I'm seeing names of schools that I haven't heard in decades. Amazing that we did not disappear even though our schools, churches, and neighborhoods did. My brother and sister graduated from Nativity in 1968 and 1969, respectively. I did 9th grade at Regina, then graduated from East Detroit in 1972.

I love how so many Reginites say they 'did' such and such time at Regina. Sounds like prison, doesn't it? I did three years there, myself

I myself was brought up lutheran,and while on this site I myself am amazed on the number of Catholic High Schools there were.Seems like every parish in Detroit had one at on time.I graduated in 87, But even back then there were high schools that the kids in my Westland neighborhood went to that are closed now such as Borgess and St Alphonsus. Sad to say though nowdays if you wanted to sendyour kid to catholic high school your choices are not what they were even as far back as 10yrs ago.

Cooley then Redford High. 1972

Regina in Harper Woods then switched to East Detroit High-class of '89

St. Mary of Redford Class of '79. Anyone who can identify me correctly [[privately) within the next two months gets treated to a beer at the Greektown watering hole of his or her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rustic2 View Post
    St. Mary of Redford Class of '79. Anyone who can identify me correctly [[privately) within the next two months gets treated to a beer at the Greektown watering hole of his or her choice.
    Well I may be cheating a bit, since this may be the person I saw at Monaghans on St. Patricks Day. And if that's the case, you know that I know who you are [[initials SA). But I'd still take the beer, though I guess I'd be burning about $7 worth of gas to get that beer in Greektown. If it's not SA, I'll have to give it some more thought.

JB - SMR 78

University Liggett - class of 1979. Actually started there in the middle school in 6th grade and then went all through the high school. Prior to that I attended Carleton elementary in Detroit.

And we actually had 79 students in the class of 79! 51 boys and 28 girls.

Bloomfield Hills Lahser 1970

Quote Originally Posted by SMRJim View Post
    Well I may be cheating a bit, since this may be the person I saw at Monaghans on St. Patricks Day. And if that's the case, you know that I know who you are [[initials SA). But I'd still take the beer, though I guess I'd be burning about $7 worth of gas to get that beer in Greektown. If it's not SA, I'll have to give it some more thought.

JB - SMR 78
    Guess again, JB. Wasn't at Monaghan's [[isn't it Monahan, no "g," if you're talking about the Knights of Columbus outfit in Livonia?). I should say, though, those with access to detroityes.com forum user account info not eligible. Watch my posts, maybe you'll get some clues.

Funny you mentioned that. It felt like prison while I was there and I remember begging my dad to let me finish high school in my neighborhood so I finished up East Detroit High in '89. Turns out Regina were some of the best years-just didn't know it then...

Quote Originally Posted by urbanoutdoors View Post
    Up hill both ways and a 7 mile bus ride to boot.... I went to RO Shrine not my favorite years....
    When did you go to the Shrine? My dad's side went there from about 1955-1977 and then my siblings went from 1993ish-2009. After 50 yrs of being at that parish, we still have no respect. Shrine has become very snobbish. "Shrine of the Silver Dollar" we call it.

Denby Class of 76 checkin in

Denby class of 75 is well and strong! Go Tars! Tar64, how are ya?

St. Martin de Porres High School [[1997 - 2001). I was among the most popular students at that school

Just a bump

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I had the same teacher, but I think I took it in Fall of '71. Dumbest way to learn to drive EVER. We drove around in a circle at 15mph and practiced 3-point parking. I got out on the street and freaked out.
    My tour around that track was in the fall/winter of 71 as well. At night. Sophmore year. What a waste of time that was. I learned better negotiating the turns at Mt. Olivet Cemetery.

Denby Class Of 75 Go Tars

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    My tour around that track was in the fall/winter of 71 as well. At night. Sophmore year. What a waste of time that was. I learned better negotiating the turns at Mt. Olivet Cemetery.
    Osborn had a similar thing. And I too took many a drive through Mt Olivet with my white knuckled Mom in the seat beside me. If she only knew my best friend would take me out and let me drive on I-94!

Harper Woods Notre Dame - '66

alumni website - friendsofnotredame.com

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast