Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaglor View Post
    I remember bending over so he could check for dingleberries, I remember looking through that ceiling high wall to see the girls in swimsuits while we wore our bday suits.
    I don't envy the job of checking teenage boys for improper wiping.

I do laugh at the idea of a bunch of naked boys clamoring around a crack in a wall to try and catch a glimpse of girls in bathing suits.

I attended Jackson Jr. High and Southeastern High in the late 50's to mid 60's. At both schools the boys swam "nekkid" but the girls didn't. Why? I have no idea. Never really thought about it.

I never thought about it until now either. Was in SE 1960 to 1963, boys swam naked and girls wore those awful gray wool bathing suits.

Is it still the rule that boys swim naked?

Class of '68. Buck nekkid pool times since 7th grade in '62.

I think if the girls swam nude back then, the boys would've been digging a tunnel akin to a prison break.

It was a different era. Lots of factors no doubt in play. We were poorer. Suits cost money. And they were crappy cotton. They were very concerned about public health at the time. Remember that there were lots of diseases now forgotten that schools saw as their obligation to minimize. The comment above about the time it takes to change clothes were a reminder that sometimes its something very simple. And don't then forget that you had to do something with those wet suits. They didn't dry as quickly as the synthetics -- G-d bless plastics. And lastly -- the kids are all going to be naked in the showers anyway. Last, but not least...there's much to be said for simplicity.

Default Cooley Boys Revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by jaglor View Post
    Yeah....I was there at Denby in 1965-68. I lived at 12001 Wilshire..... I remember coach Rice too. I forgot about his stutter though...I remember bending over so he could check for dingleberries, I remember looking through that ceiling high wall to see the girls in swimsuits while we wore our bday suits. We didnt think anything of it, in those days. I told my young gf about it the other day and she thought I was dillusional.
    Cooley '54-'58: no suits for boys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2