Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ccbatson Guest

In Europe, England in particular, Sharia law is being put forth as superceding the law of the land in areas with dense Muslim populations. It has been a back and forth, and I don't think that any have been officially adopted...yet.

Having Lebanese ancestry also plays into the mix somewhat for me. We distant relatives in the old country in a city called Tripoli, which is on the sea in Lebanon. Basically they are Greek Orthodox but they have been persecuted for generations…property and land stolen, several killings and just plain violence for simply being Christian so at times it does become a tad personal. Ask yourself why the Middle Eastern community is so fragmented and segregated in SE Michigan.

The main problem is a negative attitude towards assimilation. If you go against the grain, expect to get burnt. Take the Netherlands for example. One of the most free-thinking and freedom loving nations on earth. Why is it that even the most liberal of people there cannot seem to get along with the Muslim community?

"Well look at this mural on the palace made completely out of corn. Clearly it is a Muslim leader forcing Westerners to follow Islam."

He's right. Those are Arabic Numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The vote of the Swiss is shameful and alarming. A mosque in Geneva has been vandalized three times in the recent months. Substitute mosque for synagogue, substitute to today's Switzerland for 30's Germany and you can see where this takes my mind.

Those voters may think they are doing something about radical Islam. And they are; they're ~fueling~ it.
    I read an article in Newsweek that described how an arab man who drove into an orthodox Jewish neighborhood in Israel had his car stoned for driving on some silly superstitious holy day....there are extremists in every religion, but in this day and age there is a serious worldwide problem with muslims reacting childishly and violently to percieved slights and threats...why should world polities and leaders walk lightly and worry about the 'sensitivities' of those animals that are executing filmakers; kidnapping and detaining journalists-crying about depictions of the propehet Mohammed-albeit with racist exagerations [[newspapers in Islamist countries publish racially offensive caricatures of Jews)where is the outrage and mass protests in muslim communities over these primitive offnesive behaviours? Im supposed to be sensitive to muslims and other religions after decades of discirmination, degredation and abuse heaped upon whole classes of people? In Germany there wasnt a problem with radical religous jews blowing themselves up.in crowded public centers...when is enough enough?

Take the Netherlands for example. One of the most free-thinking and freedom loving nations on earth.
    Are you suggesting the Netherlands or Scandinavia is a melting pot, embracing diversity with open arms? Where'd you get ths from? Quite the opposite. Corn Palace kidding aside, this story is of no surprise to me at all.

Quote: "Ask yourself why the Middle Eastern community is so fragmented and segregated in SE Michigan. "

Huh? There are an estimated 350 thousand folks of middle eastern descent in Dearborn alone. Fragmented?

ccbatson Guest

He may be referring to Muslim and Chaldean groups in SE Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "Ask yourself why the Middle Eastern community is so fragmented and segregated in SE Michigan. "

Huh? There are an estimated 350 thousand folks of middle eastern descent in Dearborn alone. Fragmented?
    350 thousand in Dearborn??? I lived in Dearborn for 23 years, and I know for a fact your count off by a factor of 10

ccbatson Guest

Meaning 35000, I presume [[not 3.5 million).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3