Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

actually, I found a mass/event schedule link for St. Albertus under their FAQ page.

http://www.stalbertus.org/schedule.htm

This one is at Pulford and Mt. Elliott

Thank you for those pictures!

Apostolic Overcoming Holy Church of God in SW Detorit near Livernois and South. I'm curious about this one, does anyone know how recent the fire is and if it was in use before it?

Love this thread....but it makes me sad

So maybe abandoned isn't the right word for this next one. I am pretty sure it isn't used. But I do sometimes see lights on inside and yesterday I saw a car on the property. Wondering if anyone has any info on it.

Light of Hope Church, formerly Olivet Presbyterian Church on Fort Street. Built 1919.

Detroit, MI by Zack Blackerby, on Flickr

^The small church annex next door is definately abandoned and destroyed by vandals and scrappers.

It's so sad to see any church abandoned.

Stromberg2

Apostolic Temple Church on French Road. Inside was completely gutted, at one point they started work on it to use as church again.

Is/was on Strong Street between Mt. Elliot and Van Dyke.
    Name:  PromisedLandMissionaryBaptistChurch.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  28.8 KB

The former Trumbull Avenue Presbyterian Church, which is/was called Pilgrim Church. The Jeffries Housing Projects can be seen to the left. Pic from late 2002.
    Name:  GrandRiverChurch2.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  23.7 KB

From 2002 was Resurrection Promise:
    Name:  ResurrectionPromise1.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  37.3 KB

Summer 2003 this Brush Park beauty is returning to nature:
    Name:  NameThatChurch2.jpg
Views: 1962
Size:  55.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EZZ View Post
    The former Trumbull Avenue Presbyterian Church, which is/was called Pilgrim Church. The Jeffries Housing Projects can be seen to the left. Pic from late 2002.
    Name:  GrandRiverChurch2.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  23.7 KB
    Still holding out 9 years later

Quote Originally Posted by EZZ View Post
    From 2002 was Resurrection Promise:
    Name:  ResurrectionPromise1.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  37.3 KB
    Still there in 2011

GUSHI Guest

Archdiocese closing more churches , how many more to joint this thread,

GUSHI Guest

Approx 40 more to come,

This is where I attended when I was a child. It's still open and my 87 year old mom still attends on occasion, although I try to talk her out of it because I can't go with her and I'm scared she'll get purse snatched or something.

I hadn't seen this Reuters article/pictorial about St. Leo mentioned on this thread so I thought I'd post the links here. Though the piece is about a year old, it's still a look into one of the more beautiful and original-condition Victorian-era Detroit Catholic churches around.

The Reuters article is here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/30/us-detroit-church-idUSTRE7BT0FI20111230
    The Photo Gallery [[43 photos!) is here: http://blogs.reuters.com/fullfocus/2011/12/30/detroits-last-rites/#a=1

Updates welcome; praying St. Leo is still alive and well..the research I've found is that it's gotten a reprieve. Feel free to set the record straight.

What church is this? Beautiful building. Looks familiar... I just can quite place it.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    This is where I attended when I was a child. It's still open and my 87 year old mom still attends on occasion, although I try to talk her out of it because I can't go with her and I'm scared she'll get purse snatched or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What church is this? Beautiful building. Looks familiar... I just can quite place it.....

Metropolitan United Methodist Church

located on Woodward about 5 blocks north of Grand Blvd. on the east side of the street.

http://www.metroumc.org/history

^^^ Thank you Kathleen!

Does anyone on here have an image of San Francisco or St. Rose of Lima churches? Please post an image if you have available.

Thx

I *may* have mentioned it before, but it would be nice while warm and in summer for some girls/guys on the ground, for new fresh photos [inside too please!] of on-again-market//off-again-market 8200 Mack Ave

God Bless

A

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5