Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Pittsburgh beats Philly last night on a 2 man advantage in OT. Both marginal calls. I don't want to see the refs decide the game, let them play. It used to be you had to decapitate someone to get a penalty in overtime in the playoffs, let alone 2 penalties. Bring back the old NHL, this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SCS100 View Post
    Washington and NY could be interesting, especially since Theodore is looking quite ugly at the moment.

Chicago and Calgary could turn out to be a classic if Kipper manages to stand on his head for 7 games. And anyone else out there think that Cammalleri should've gotten a game or two for that punch on Havlat?
    Jose has a tendancy to be dominant in the regular season and then disappear when the play-offs started. He did it in Montreal, did it in Colorado, doing it in Washington.

As for the Cammalleri shove? Come on...it's hockey SCS...

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Pittsburgh beats Philly last night on a 2 man advantage in OT. Both marginal calls. I don't want to see the refs decide the game, let them play. It used to be you had to decapitate someone to get a penalty in overtime in the playoffs, let alone 2 penalties. Bring back the old NHL, this sucks.
    Totally agree with you, if you are going to call a penalty in OT, in the playoffs...someone better be bleeding profusely or unconscious

Dmcc, while it may be hockey and I usually have no problem with stuff like that, it was the fact that Carcillo got a game for the same play against Matt Cooke of Pittsburgh. If Carcillo had gotten away with it, then I wouldn't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCS100 View Post
    Dmcc, while it may be hockey and I usually have no problem with stuff like that, it was the fact that Carcillo got a game for the same play against Matt Cooke of Pittsburgh. If Carcillo had gotten away with it, then I wouldn't mind it.
    Maybe Komisarek...but Camilerri didn't do much

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Maybe Komisarek...but Camilerri didn't do much
    I dunno, Cammalleri's was a blatant punch to Havlat's head. The one thing this league is terrible at is uniform punishment. As for Komisarek, even the Boston players were saying it was a face wash and it was no big deal.

ccbatson Guest

That is a bit harsh...only call a penalty when there is a lot of blood or an acute head injury evident?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    That is a bit harsh...only call a penalty when there is a lot of blood or an acute head injury evident?
    Yes...that is LITERALLY the only circumstance a penalty should be assessed in an overtime period.

ccbatson Guest

According to...???

According to...???
    The unwritten rule of the NHL...

Do you grasp the concept of sarcasm?

I've said it before, and I will say it again:

The only thing that can stop the Sharks, is the play-offs

I've said it before, and I will say it again:

The only thing that can stop the Sharks, is the play-offs
    That and Jonas Hiller. That guys is playing his head off at the moment.

No-show Joe and Hop-Along Marleau aren't helping their chances of advancement at the moment either...

ccbatson Guest

Sarcasm meaning that it isn't true??...OK.

Sharks showing there desperation by inserting Claude 'The Turtle' Lemieux into the lineup.

ccbatson Guest

Their desperation, our opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by xstigmatax View Post
    Is anyone else finding it out of place yet refreshing that the Wings actually have a series taking place entirely in the eastern time zone? One of these days they just need to move Detroit to the east already. I guess I should enjoy it while I can since we are on a collision course with back to back west coast teams if things keep going like they are.
    Very refreshing, considering the Tigers are playing all 10:00pm games this week.

Quote Originally Posted by xstigmatax View Post
    Is anyone else finding it out of place yet refreshing that the Wings actually have a series taking place entirely in the eastern time zone? One of these days they just need to move Detroit to the east already. I guess I should enjoy it while I can since we are on a collision course with back to back west coast teams if things keep going like they are.
    I wouldn't say back to back...Those pesky Blackhawk's with the exception of last nights game have been playing some very good hockey. If it ends up being Detroit v. Anaheim in round two, and Chicago v. Vancouver...Not saying Chicago is the hands down favorite in that series...but

It Could be an all Central Division Western Conference Championship series. That being said, I hope Roberto Luongo gets a cold...

Kudos to Fox Sports and CBC for showing the national anthems. Shame on NBC and Versus for not showing them.

ccbatson Guest

Yet another piece of evidence that liberals/the liberal media are anti American just like Obama.

Blues swept. Bad ending, but a good season. Spectacular season actually. The Blues weren't supposed to make the playoffs. But they did. And I'm certainly proud of them. They've got a good young core. Paul Kariya, Erik Johnson, and DJ King should be back next year. This series was good playoff experience. The rest of the NHL should look out the next 5 years.

I did not enjoy the Vancouver fans. Some were good. Many were just arrogant and annoying, though.

Little off-topic. Blues owner Dave Checketts is working to restore the Keil Opera House. I have to say, the Blues owner is great. You can tell he really cares about the city. I'm looking forward to this team for years to come.

Well, time to watch some baseball and prepare for next year.

Yet another piece of evidence that liberals/the liberal media are anti American just like Obama.
    Ok...shut the fck up, this is about hockey, not about your cracked out political musings...

Moving on...

St. Louis, see ya later, should have shown up and played the game, but it was good experience for the younger guys. Vancouver and Luongo look very good...scary good.

Wings played exceptional again tonight, 31 saves out of Ozzie is nothing to be scoffed at.

I am personally disappointed in the Flyers, but that might be my burning hatred for all things Cindy Crosby showing through.

.02 seconds?!?!? Man...talk about sense of URGENCY on that shot. Brodeur looks very angry, we'll see how that plays out in game 5.

Anaheim...come on...
    Last edited by d.mcc; April-21-09 at 11:50 PM.

I am personally disappointed in the Flyers, but that might be my burning hatred for all things Cindy Crosby showing through.
    Ya know, I really [[for the first time) liked the Bruins last year after watching them in the playoffs. I mean, after benching Kessel all series long and the other injuries that plagued the team into the 2008 playoffs. I feel the same way about the Flyers this year. They have all the makings for a great team, but no execution yet. Watch out for them next year.

I also feel the same way about the penguins.

Let's talk hockey people.

I picked STL Blues to upset the Canucks. Had I known there power play would be so inept, I would not have done so. At some point you have to score with a two man advantage. They did get ripped off on that goal being called off last night. I just checked with the situation room at the nhl site, they said the whistle blew before the puck was in. Thats bs, you could clearly hear the whistle after the puck crossed the line on the replay. They say it is the intent of the ref and not the actual whistle, too. It seems to me that with the two ref system these goals get called of more than in the one ref days. That second ref always gets in the way down low too, he's almost like a second defenseman at times. Here I go, voicing my displeasure with the new nhl again. And we thought Hasek was done. Au contraire, he's making a comeback with his Czech team and wants to play in the Olympics. Note to USA olympic players: Shoot high.

I was watching the Philly, Pittsburgh game last night when the Flyers were trying to cycle the puck down low in the Pens corner, and for some ungodly reason the the ref skated right into the middle of the cycle and deflected the puck to Sergei Gonchar...

I honestly think sometimes that the NHL does for Cindy, what the NBA does for LeBron and Kobe; Gary Bettman would like nothing more than to see Cindy in the finals again...even if that means a bad one. I would much rather see a Detroit/Boston or Detroit/NJ final than anything else.

I was watching the Philly, Pittsburgh game last night when the Flyers were trying to cycle the puck down low in the Pens corner, and for some ungodly reason the the ref skated right into the middle of the cycle and deflected the puck to Sergei Gonchar...

I honestly think sometimes that the NHL does for Cindy, what the NBA does for LeBron and Kobe; Gary Bettman would like nothing more than to see Cindy in the finals again...even if that means a bad one. I would much rather see a Detroit/Boston or Detroit/NJ final than anything else.
    I wanted a wings/caps final, but that doesn't seem likely. I don't see anywhere NEAR the favoritism towards LeBron that they had in the "jordan rules" era. Hell, Jordan could get away with a moe nose pull if he wanted to

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast