Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I spy in one of those photos, Detroit rock star/photographer/generally cool person Sandy "Rabbit". First one that finds her wins nothing.

Hmm, the banner is not in Jimaz's html files, he must be due for an update or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Hmm, the banner is not in Jimaz's html files, he must be due for an update or something.
    You could help by posting its URL.

Rightclick on the photo for properties/address. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-15-09 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    You could help by posting its URL.

Rightclick on the photo for properties/address. Thanks.
    When I see it again, I'll nab it. Though if I posted its URL, my contest with nothing as a prize won't be very difficult.

Lowell...As a raised in but displaced Detroiter these banners remind me why my heart will always be with the city. Thank You.

I was surprised to just see a banner of a U-of-M football game, last I checked that's not Detroit lol

Thanks, Johnlodge. My mistake. Copy&paste error. I checked for similar errors throughout the file. I'll fire my proofreader [[me) and you'll win your non-prize! HAHAHA!

This one will appear as banner #20.

Update:
    To see all the banners on one page, save the attached code to a file on your disk named "Banners.htm" and display it in your browser.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-10-10 at 12:03 PM.

Awww, #210 is my favorite one:

Lowell really out did himself with all these banners. All of them are good!

Some of them have subtle mystery details that suggest some further story behind the scene. E.g., there's one with a Sylvester-The-Cat doll where you wouldn't expect it.

I really like this river side shot and I just noticed this "flowers amidst the ruins". I love the angles, and how tough it must have been stand on what seems to be a high ledge and shoot this photo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Gaz, 128 includes a stone sculpture by our Forum's very own, Django.

This is from Belle Isle, just east of the Coast Guard Station.

Agreed... the banners are so varied. You get a different slice of the city etc. regarding people, buildings and scenery. Plus the "cropping" of the photos makes for some interesting compositions.
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Lowell...As a raised in but displaced Detroiter these banners remind me why my heart will always be with the city. Thank You.

Default Who does the photography for the banners on DetroitYes!

Who does the photography for the banners on DetroitYes!
    I see a lot of familiar places in the banners and I’d love to see the actual photos. Also, who is the photographer? The photos are truly great.

Lowell, the owner/founder of this site.

http://detroityes.com/0aboutthissite.htm

Lowell of course! It's his website

I love the banners. Tried to download [[have an older computer) so was unable to see them all but sometime ago saw one with Kwame in it. Figured it was from sometime ago, but then recently saw one again. Just wish we could get rid of anything promoting that piece of work. Sorry about the complain, Love the Detroit Yes site.

Similar feeling. As a Detroit area ex-pat, I love looking at the banners. I think the laker going under the bridge is my favorite, but they're all beautiful.

Ghettoman takes the pictures and sends them to Street Prophet #227-09.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Banner Picture Question Again

I'm just curious, what building is this from, and what is it supposed to depict?

Michigan Guest

I often wonder the same thing. There are obviously several different photogs, but no crredits, aren't there copyright iddues to consider?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That's cool, thanks for the work, man

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    I'm just curious, what building is this from, and what is it supposed to depict?

This is the Grand Blvd entrance to the Fisher Building. I believe this is the work of Corrado Parducci

Quote Originally Posted by mpf View Post
    That's cool, thanks for the work, man
    You're most welcome but Lowell gets the lion's share of the credit for all that great photography.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    This is the Grand Blvd entrance to the Fisher Building. I believe this is the work of Corrado Parducci
    Thank you Kathleen!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast