Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkycity View Post
    Liberals just cried and moaned because thats the only way they can get their point across.
    You're suggesting they should have gone home for their shotguns, instead?
    Now Arabia on the other hand should have been blown to bits in 1933 but I guess we need their oil so the game of human carnage goes on.
    1933? What happened in 1933 that we would want to blow them to bits?

As far as your argument regarding 8 years of wiretapping, torture, etc,etc.

You act as if the "Messiah" isn't doing the same damn thing on the dl.

I certainly hope you are aware that every single government on this earth does the exact same damn thing.

The difference here in America is liberals cry louder.
    Maybe that's a good thing, if every single government on this earth is trampling on civil liberties of their citizens. At least here the "liberals" are paying attention and trying to do something about it.

Oh, and in case your mother never told you [[but I'm sure she did), the fact that "everybody" does it doesn't make it right.

Now that your so-called party of peoples rights and freedoms are the culprits trampling all over peoples rights and privacies what do you have to say?
    I say it's time for some louder "whining and moaning" from the liberals. God knows the conservatives won't do it, 'cause they have no balls.

ccbatson Guest

If it is PG back [[or not)...welcome back or welcome anew...we need the help in beating back liberal irrationality

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkycity View Post
    As far as your argument regarding 8 years of wiretapping, torture, etc,etc.

You act as if the "Messiah" isn't doing the same damn thing on the dl.
    More proof that Obama is a center/right president.

The only people I hear calling the president "the messiah" is all the angry and bitter wing nuts on the right.

ccbatson Guest

Would any self respecting person believing Obama to be a Messiah admit it?

Lying on a message board is not rational.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    If it is PG back [[or not)...welcome back or welcome anew...we need the help in beating back liberal irrationality

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Would any self respecting person believing Obama to be a Messiah admit it?
    So, why then do you conservatives insist on referring to him as such?

Admit it Bats, surly even you can see your hero's on the right are out of line on this one...

From Politico: Obama on terror trials: KSM will die

During a round of network television interviews conducted during Obama’s visit to China, the president was asked about those who find it offensive that Mohammed will receive all the rights normally accorded to U.S. citizens when they are charged with a crime.

I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him,” Obama told NBC’s Chuck Todd.
    Amazing - the person in charge of the Federal prosecutors who will try KSM has pre-ordained not only the outcome of the trial but also the sentence. So much for due process, the presumption of innocence and a fair trial - we've got hope and change!. As I wrote earlier, this is going to be nothing more than a politically-motivated show trial. Isn't anyone outraged, scared, or even just a little bit embarrassed by this kind of stuff?

I'm outraged, scared, and embarrassed that we have not been able to convict the guilty [[and free those who are not) after eight years.

I'm outraged, scared, and embarrassed that we have not been able to convict the guilty [[and free those who are not) after eight years.
    Eric Holder and his fellow travelers were the ones who spent the past eight years trying to stop the military tribunals from getting operational. Despite their delaying efforts, KSM was ready to plead guilty and be executed eleven months ago but the Obama Administration didn't want that to happen outside a civilian court..

Rideron Guest

Andrew McCarthy was the N.Y. assistant U.S. attorney in 1993 and prosecuted Omar Abdel Rahman [[the "blind sheikh") for the first bombing of the World Trade Center. Here is what McCarthy thinks of trying terrorists as civilians in a criminal trial:

"At first, I was of the mind that a criminal prosecution would uphold all our high-falutin' rhetoric about the constitution and majesty of the law," says Mr. McCarthy. "But when you get down to the nitty gritty of a trial, you see one huge problem: The criminal justice system imposes limits on the government and gives the defendant all sorts of access to information, because we'd rather have the government lose than unfairly convict a man. You can't take that position with an enemy who is at war with you and trying to bring that government down."

By going down this line, says Mr. McCarthy, Mr. Holder has invited any number of dangers: making the Manhattan courtroom a target for terrorist attack, inviting the disclosure of sensitive intelligence, opening the possibility that some al Qaeda operative will be acquitted and released within the U.S., etc.

Worst of all, he says, is turning the laws of war upside down: Why fight the Marines and risk getting killed yourself or locked up in Bagram forever when you can blow up American citizens on their own streets and gain the legal protections that give you a chance to go free? With this one step, Mr. Holder is giving al Qaeda a ghastly incentive: to focus more of their attacks on American civilians on American home soil.

"It is foolish to think that al Qaeda does not train to our system and look for our vulnerabilities," says Mr. McCarthy. "Remember what Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told his captors when we got him, 'I'll see you in New York with my lawyer.' It seems he knows our weaknesses better than our government does."

ccbatson Guest

Thank you Rideron...stating the obvious and common sense explanation that goes to the heart of this preposterous freak show. What I wonder is what this is supposed to be distracting the public from...health care reform? Cap and trade?

ccbatson Guest

Ahhh, inaction in Afghanistan.

Can you connect the dots and spot a conflict of interest?

Eric Holder also said that the victims of the USS Cole had waited long enough for justice - yet Eric Holder was Asst AG of the US when the Cole bombing happened. What did he do then?

yet Eric Holder was Asst AG of the US when the Cole bombing happened. What did he do then?
    Hey, take it easy on him - he was busy "back-dooring" the Marc Rich pardon!

So what we do is dictated by the terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    Andrew McCarthy was the N.Y. assistant U.S. attorney in 1993 and prosecuted Omar Abdel Rahman [[the "blind sheikh") for the first bombing of the World Trade Center. Here is what McCarthy thinks of trying terrorists as civilians in a criminal trial:

"At first, I was of the mind that a criminal prosecution would uphold all our high-falutin' rhetoric about the constitution and majesty of the law," says Mr. McCarthy. "But when you get down to the nitty gritty of a trial, you see one huge problem: The criminal justice system imposes limits on the government and gives the defendant all sorts of access to information, because we'd rather have the government lose than unfairly convict a man. You can't take that position with an enemy who is at war with you and trying to bring that government down."

By going down this line, says Mr. McCarthy, Mr. Holder has invited any number of dangers: making the Manhattan courtroom a target for terrorist attack, inviting the disclosure of sensitive intelligence, opening the possibility that some al Qaeda operative will be acquitted and released within the U.S., etc.

Worst of all, he says, is turning the laws of war upside down: Why fight the Marines and risk getting killed yourself or locked up in Bagram forever when you can blow up American citizens on their own streets and gain the legal protections that give you a chance to go free? With this one step, Mr. Holder is giving al Qaeda a ghastly incentive: to focus more of their attacks on American civilians on American home soil.

"It is foolish to think that al Qaeda does not train to our system and look for our vulnerabilities," says Mr. McCarthy. "Remember what Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told his captors when we got him, 'I'll see you in New York with my lawyer.' It seems he knows our weaknesses better than our government does."

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Hey, take it easy on him - he was busy "back-dooring" the Marc Rich pardon!
    Nothing like that commutation of Scooter Libby... But we don't really want to make a list of presidential pardons do we...

Hey d.mcc, you don't want to open up that door now!

nor would we ever want to discuss how it could be possible that men called "Freedom Fighters" by President Reagan are now called "Terrorists", or whether anybody owes us an apology for sending them money and sophisticated weapons.

Nothing like that commutation of Scooter Libby... But we don't really want to make a list of presidential pardons do we...
    Apparently, when you don't have any good arguments with which to defend the controversial actions of the current administration, it's just so easy [[and juvenile) to change the subject and whine about the Bush years.

Aw, what a bunch of sniveling whingers. You guys sound like a bunch of little girls. Grow a pair.

You advocate abandoning the rule of law in order to preserve the rule of law. That's as asinine as the officer in 'Nam who said, "In order to liberate the village, it was necessary to destroy it."

And when you can't rebut an argument, bring up Reagan in your response or throw in a little name calling....

Back to the topic of the Terrorist Trials, here's a little more about what I meant when I wrote about potential conflicts of interest and Holder and his fellow travelers being the ones who have contributed to the eight years of delay:

Some Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee were taken aback Wednesday by Attorney General Eric Holder's refusal to reveal conflicts of interest involving Justice Department lawyers who, before joining the Obama administration, worked on behalf of Guatanamo detainees.
    One reason it has taken so long to deal with the Guantanamo cases is the number of legal challenges lodged by lawyers for the detainees, some of whom are now working on detainee matters in the Obama Justice Department.
    And speaking of the rule of law, can anyone explain Obama's flip-flop from 2006 when he publicly supported the Military Commissions Act and specifically a military trial for KSM?

Screw Obama; he's just your current red herring.
    We either are a nation of laws, or we're not.
    If not, there's no need to fight the terrorists, 'cause they've already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Apparently, when you don't have any good arguments with which to defend the controversial actions of the current administration, it's just so easy [[and juvenile) to change the subject and whine about the Bush years.
    But its ok to keep bringing up the Clinton Presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Screw Obama; he's just your current red herring.
    We either are a nation of laws, or we're not.
    If not, there's no need to fight the terrorists, 'cause they've already won.
    Here here!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast