I'm from the Netherlands and new to this forum. As a Motown fan I [[we!) have spent my [[our) honeymoon in Detroit in 1994, and later attended fundraisers at the Roostertail, the re-opening of the Motown Historical Museum at West Grand Blvd and the Motown exhibition at Dearborn. We also drove hundreds to miles through Detroit to explore all the record stores.

Since then I have read a lot about motown and Detroit and tried to locate all of the venues that were mentioned in the books. Some we have found, most we have not. Later on I found out that a lot have been demolished over the years. Has there been a thread here before with famous Detroit [[Motown related) locations? I was curious to find out in which neighbourhood Berry gordy grew up, where he had his 3-D record store, where the housing project was where some of the artists like Diana Ross came from [[Brewster Projects). With the help of Google Earth and old maps, it should be possible to make an overview of this. I have discovered a lot of information from the Soulful Detroit Forum, where pictures of the recording studios can be seen. But there must be so much more information out there.

Suggestions anyone? Many thanks from the Netherlands!