Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Oh...btw...you can change the channel and turn these programs off if you choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    you said most of the right-minded hosts you listen to, but not all. Which one's don't act bad and who are they. I am sure you could find left-minded hosts that act bad, so you listen to those who do not, are they any right-minded hosts that do act right?
    I personally have found none, but I was giving the benefit of the doubt and said most.

ccbatson Guest

Unlikely to find something when you don't actually look for it d.mcc

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Oh...btw...you can change the channel and turn these programs off if you choose to.
    Unfortunately men like Tim McVie, Eric Randolph, and the like do not change the channel, and take the violent words, and more importantly, the message to heart.

That's the danger of free market radio, you run the risk of dangerous, fringe lunatics taking drastic messures...

We all know what the outcome is: death to innocent folks, death by right wing nuts, exactly the same as the 9-11 hijacker's.

All were killed by right wing ideology, much to conservatives chagrins.

ccbatson Guest

Detroitej72...it is called freedom...if you don't like it [[as your last post argues), there are plenty of places to go where there is no freedom [[Cuba is nice...according to Michael Moore...who would never move there).

However, instead of an occasional massacre perpetrated by a kook, you will get constant oppression and tyranny with zero quality of life...I like my odds with freedom better

However, instead of an occasional massacre perpetrated by a kook, you will get constant oppression and tyranny with zero quality of life...I like my odds with freedom better
    How is that different than our current situation? The Occasional Massacre perpetrated by a kook...?

ccbatson Guest

Fort Hood is terrorism, as was 911. We are in a war [[instigated by said islamic radicals) with this group...not isolated nut jobs.

So professor Bats, Timmy McVie, and Eric Rudolph were isolated Christian nut jobs or Christian terrorists?

Fort Hood is terrorism, as was 911. We are in a war [[instigated by said islamic radicals) with this group...not isolated nut jobs.
    So was Oklahoma City, and the Olympic Bombings, and every bombing or killing of an abortion clinic or doctor...

ccbatson Guest

Yeppers....you think otherwise? What organization currently exists that supports the actions they took or would duplicate them?

Detroitej72...it is called freedom...if you don't like it [[as your last post argues), there are plenty of places to go where there is no freedom
    So, if I don't like the fact that right wing terrorists sometimes kill innocent folks in America, you suggest I move to a country where there is an even harsher right wing government?

Yeppers....you think otherwise? What organization currently exists that supports the actions they took or would duplicate them?
    Why does there need to be an organization? Just because there isn't a name, doesn't mean there aren't people that would duplicate the acts. So you logic is that it's only terrorism when there is a group? How about the Christian Patriots Defense League?

ccbatson Guest

Think man...you argued that the media caused these events and that it is a bad thing that the media is free to broadcast...that is the freedom of expression that you are arguing against.

littlebuddy Guest

That there are professing christians or people on the fringe who are all in favor of killing and blowing up things as the way to solve problems, but I cannot think of any mainstream or smaller christian group who advocates these things. I am sure there are small churches[[like the anti-homo group out in Mi. or Kan. I think) that preach hate and violence, but I can't think of any big time groups or churches. There are alway people who feel that things are not moving fast enough or in the right direction and need to force change through violent means. The thing is that I do not see this as a main teaching or even a small teaching by Jesus, I see the opposite in fact as loving your enemies, doing good to them, etc. While some church have used the govt. to do their dirty work, I see it as totally opposite of what Jesus taught and how he lived. Which makes me feel those churches have been totally wrong. Yet with Islam I see the exact opposite, that Mohammad was a warrior, a fighter, killed, as advancing the cause of Islam. Putting all non-Muslims under the sword or as second-class or less citizens of whatever country Islam controled. That living as a non-Muslim made for not a very good life overall. I see this today in countries that are totally controled by Islam, fighting, war, oppression, religious intolerence, poverty,etc. I think the United Nations put forth some study that supported this in Muslim countries in the Middle-East. So I could not equate Tim McVay and abortion killers with what Muslims do as the former is a perversion of what Jesus taught and lived and the latter is totally in harmony with how Mohammad lived and taught.

I wonder why a person could find no right-wing radio talk show to listen to unless they are just totally opposed to anything a right-wing believes in a blind hatred sort of way. I have found some left-wing people I can listen to and agree with at times.

Think man...you argued that the media caused these events and that it is a bad thing that the media is free to broadcast...that is the freedom of expression that you are arguing against.
    When did I ever say that?

Quote: "I wonder why a person could find no right-wing radio talk show to listen to unless they are just totally opposed to anything a right-wing believes in a blind hatred sort of way."

No trouble finding one? their like restrooms, everywhere. It's the hardcore debunked lies they keep repeating that turns any thinking person off to their babble. Bush even admitted they lied in a round about way. Then one has to ask, why do these people keep repeating things that are not true and proven false over and over? Saddam had ties to Bin Laden lies, Saddam had an active WMD program lies, Yellow cake uranium lies

I particularly like the "anti-homo" line. What an amazing thing to say.Try reading a book, you might learn a little about Islam. Otherwise, you're just spreading more hate and misinformation.

littlebuddy Guest

I think oldredfordette needs to read a book, maybe even see what goes on in Middle-Eastern countries that Islam rules. What book do you recommend, the one that show how much poverty there is in Islamic countries in the Middle-East, the one that show how little education, women's rights,etc goes on. Or the one that insists that all of Islam's problems are because of Israel's existence or that the west is the problem. While lots of people might not like Muslims or trust them, is it because Muslims are so loving, kind, and full of good will towards all other peoples, countries, etc or is it because so many of them act no different than their founder.

ccbatson Guest

Sorry, meant for Detroitej72, not d.mcc.

I had to come back to this thread after listening to Michael Savage's show during my Thanksgiving drive. It was fascinating. It was as if someone woke the guy up from a deep sleep and put a microphone in front of him and let him ramble, crazy stream-of-consciousness stuff. He went from "the commies in the White House don't want you to know what's really going on" to "My dog has a cataract. Why me? Doesn't life suck enough?" to "Why can't I get an exact replica of this rug from the department store? Because they're hand-woven in Pakistan? What, between building bombs?"
    There were a couple of times his lack of logic made my jaw drop. He had this theory that because newspaper circulation in most cities was less than his national radio listenership, it was because those liberal newspapers didn't give people anything that was relevant to their lives, like he did. I was almost yelling, "no, it's not because a person can't push a button in their car and have it spit out a local newspaper for free that they could read while driving? Never mind that newspaper readership on the web is far, far beyond your listenership?" He also said that music radio was dead, even though when you flip through the dial in most places you can skip past at least a dozen music stations before finding a talk show. Of course, there were no callers to challenge him, just his endless stream-of-consciousness blather.
    Another maddening wingnut tactic he used was the "pack of lies" line. Anything out there that didn't support what he was selling was a "pack of lies." He brought up a Gallup poll indicating that a minority of Americans identify as conservatives, dismissed it as a lie and proceeded to discuss a Rasmussen poll instead, which was the truth those commies don't want you to know.
    How easy is that? When faced with any evidence that you're full of crap, you either ignore it or call it a lie and move on.
    I can't believe I listened for as long as I did, but I couldn't turn away for fear I'd miss something even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    I think oldredfordette needs to read a book, maybe even see what goes on in Middle-Eastern countries that Islam rules. What book do you recommend, the one that show how much poverty there is in Islamic countries in the Middle-East, the one that show how little education, women's rights,etc goes on.
    Are you talking about a foreign country, or the American South?

ccbatson Guest

Try the big names...Rush, Sean, Mark [[Levin), and Glen.

Or even bigger names: Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, Hamilton.

Lorax Guest

Try the big names...Rush, Sean, Mark [[Levin), and Glen.
    Or the bigger names like Mike Malloy, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, Laura Flanders, Keith Olbermann.

How about neither set of names?

Partisans are destroying America and you guys just lap it up like a football game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast