Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    What/where is the Bohouse?
    It's on Tillman St., just west of the Jeffries between Michigan and MLK. Seems like an awfully funky, out-of-the-way spot for a sandwich place, but what the hell do I know?

I'm so bummed to hear the downtown location will be gone. I discovered Eph's because of this forum and a "Book Cadillac" enjoyed while sitting in Campus Martius became one of my life's simple pleasures. On the bright side I'll still be able to get my sandwich and some bread pudding, just in a different spot. I don't mind driving to Slows to get mac and cheese, so headed out of downtown for Eph's won't be too bad. Good luck at the new venue.

Bohemian National Home. A strange location indeed. Current home of John Sinclair, the BoHome's resident poet! I cant imagine this place drawing a daily crowd, its not even on a main street, and not in the greatest of neighborhoods either... yet there are far worse. Midtown would be prime, or staying in Downtown. I dont understand this move. Love the BoHome, but that area is not ripe for development, especialy being off of Michigan and not on it. Phycological berrier of ppl going into a residential neighborhood of small wooden houses, dotted by e.pty lots and abandonment, may be hard to get past.

Bohemian National Home. A strange location indeed. Current home of John Sinclair, the BoHome's resident poet! I cant imagine this place drawing a daily crowd, its not even on a main street, and not in the greatest of neighborhoods either... yet there are far worse. Midtown would be prime, or staying in Downtown. I dont understand this move. Love the BoHome, but that area is not ripe for development, especialy being off of Michigan and not on it. Phycological berrier of ppl going into a residential neighborhood of small wooden houses, dotted by e.pty lots and abandonment, may be hard to get past.

I think it may have more to do with the current owner of the building needing a liquor license.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Interesting that a guy opening a business would say that he doesn't want foot traffic, or a 'certain type' of foot traffic.

I actually love the idea and the location and look forward to trying it out, but I didn't need to know that the owner/operator had such a lack of positivity about his neighborhood.
    I live in the area and have for 10 yrs, and love it.

seems to me that in Detroit, success is not measured by street traffic.

Slow's, Petit Zinc, La Dolce Vida, El Barzon and others have very little street street presence [[although they are all on ground level), and do very little advertising, if any at all, and yet they succeed.
    Detroit is a city where you kind have to know about all the secret spots to go.
    I highly doubt anyone ever first discovered Slow's because they were walking by.
    This may not be our permanent home either, but for now it makes sense. It also kind of has a cool speakeasy feel to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2