Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

DetroitDad Guest

Default Shots Fired at Dearborn College

From the Fox News television channel;

"We don't want to alarm anyone, but there have been reports of multiple shots fired at Henry Ford Junior College in Dearborn, MI. Police are currently calling this an emergency. We will be updating this story as more information becomes available."

DetroitDad Guest

lilpup Guest

murder suicide - gunman shot his female [[ex?) friend then himself.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/BREAK...TrXDZ0QQQ.cspx

I'm at the north end of the UM-Dearborn campus. I have a bike path 20 yards from my office window that goes right to the HFCC campus, less than a quarter mile to the building where the shooting occurred.

We still have received no information from our campus safety department, despite helicopters flying overhead, news trucks around, and sirens. This is especially stupid given that there were news reports this morning about today being the second anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings. Maybe our campus didn't want to panic people, but I had to wonder what more nervous people here were thinking hearing all these sketchy news reports.

DetroitDad Guest

News is reporting the campus is on lock down. I'm not sure what that entails....

Breaking up is hard to do.

lilpup Guest

far, far too much of the domestic violence mentality in Michigan - one of the highest DV rates, highest rape rates, and lowest female equality pay rates in the country - not a great state for women

too bad since there are more women in the country than men

guess we should team up with the gays and whup some straight, male ass

One good thing is that this episode did not get National News Coverage

What we don't need is another "oh $hit" there goes Detroit again.

On the very sad side we lost a very promising young lady with talent. Why do people think that problems can be resolved with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    far, far too much of the domestic violence mentality in Michigan - one of the highest DV rates, highest rape rates, and lowest female equality pay rates in the country - not a great state for women
    What's your source?