Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Wrong? That is what it is.

Only if you're in the ghetto, it are what it are.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Wrong? That is what it is.
    *sigh* Constitutional is what it is. If that's wrong in your book--tough shit.

Here at Ft Hood:

“This is what we do…. we get on with the mission,”

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone Commander, III Corps and Ft Hood.

Pres stopping in today.

Elganned, Right on.. Unfortunately that document is losing influence. Our last President calling it a "just a GD piece of paper".

mrrichard Guest

We need to start killing as many Islam terrorist leaders as we possibly can as fast as we can.

The reason the 911 terrorist went to strip clubs etc before they struck was that once they did go to the clubs they had to then commit the terrorist acts because killing the infidels would send them to heaven automatically.
    When a photo freaks out millions of people into a frenzy wanting to kill others,
    you have an insane religion.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eds-ansigt.png

Kinda like when Puritan Christians used to burn witches...becuase someones cat freaked out...or maybe the Jews who were tortured in an effort to convert to Christianity, or communism who killed million of Christians etc..generalizations that all Muslims are insane would be like saying all people who generalize are bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    .....would be like saying all people who generalize are bigots.
    Aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by mrrichard View Post
    We need to start killing as many Islam terrorist leaders as we possibly can as fast as we can.
    If we can identify them.

In the absence of that, we could just shoot 'em all. Allah will know his own.

ccbatson Guest

Of course if, and when we can identify them.

The D.C. Sniper is DEAD. Too bad he didn't suffer like his victims did.

They dropped the ball on the Ft Hood Shooter.....

Bad intelligence like this [[under Obama's watch) makes you understand why intelligence on Hussein's Iraq was so bad [[under Bush's watch)

At this risk of sounding unpatriotic [[not like it has concerned me before). While I am sad for the dead and their families at Fort Hood, I am somewhat bothered by the press calling them "heroes" when they didn't do anything heroic. More correctly, they are "victims". Let's save the word "heroes" for the right occasions and not cheapen the word.

Just because one happens to be in the military when you bite the big one doesn't, by rote, make you a hero. Is a soldier who is killed in an auto accident a hero? I don't think so. The only 'hero' I saw at Fort Hood was the female police officer who took 2 bullets and still brought down the shooter and ended the situation. The rest were unfortunate victims of a psycho...

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    At this risk of sounding unpatriotic [[not like it has concerned me before). While I am sad for the dead and their families at Fort Hood, I am somewhat bothered by the press calling them "heroes" when they didn't do anything heroic. More correctly, they are "victims". Let's save the word "heroes" for the right occasions and not cheapen the word.

Just because one happens to be in the military when you bite the big one doesn't, by rote, make you a hero. Is a soldier who is killed in an auto accident a hero? I don't think so. The only 'hero' I saw at Fort Hood was the female police officer who took 2 bullets and still brought down the shooter and ended the situation. The rest were unfortunate victims of a psycho...
    Good point d.mcc. It seems anyone who volunteers for the military is automatically accorded hero status. Speaking of which, I was in the lobby of a Colorado hotel today and a "hero" air force reservist E-7 [[in uniform, no less) decided to strike up a conversation with me [[a random stranger). His topic of choice? He tried to, using some Constitution nonsense, argue that Muslims shouldn't be in the military. His rationale for this conclusion? He told me that [[get this) Muslims cannot uphold the military oath to "protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic" since they are enemies themselves. Shocked, I then asked him if he was telling me that all Muslims were enemies and he backtracked with "I didnt say that". When I told him he shouldnt judge people like that, he went with the "I was over there getting shot at" war-hero BS. Unfortunately I couldn't get more of his insights as I was running late to work.
    Last edited by Red Devil; November-11-09 at 01:15 AM.

"Their life's work is our security and the freedom that we too often take for granted. Every evening that the sun sets on a tranquil town; every dawn that a flag is unfurled; every moment that an American enjoys life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness — that is their legacy."

President Obama.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...#ixzz0WYsQyqRM

They volunteered.
    They served.
    In my book.
    They are "Heroes".
    Last edited by 1st_Sgt; November-11-09 at 10:19 AM. Reason: misspelling

Tom Brady is a hero in my book.

You need a new book.

thanks again first sgt..for all that you heros are doing...it takes a strong person to give up the comforts and freedom of movement at home to dedicate their week, months an dyears to the service of our country knowing in a minute they could be in harms way..so yes those who serve are heros, thos ewho die for our freedoms are "super heros'.. but those freedoms that they fought for shouldnt be taken lightly or belittled with prejudice and hate by those who wouldnt know the connstitution, so proudly defended, from a piece of "paper" so easily discarded.

Remember most soldiers especially minority soldiers fought for a country that didnt extend equality equally to all when they came home...and to disregard Muslim soldiers now based on the action of oneis just as wrong, as our Black brothers and sisters finding a seperate society upon returning from their service in WWII.

My book is just fine.

NEPPEL, RALPH G.

Rank and organization: Sergeant, U.S. Army, Company M, 329th Infantry, 83d Infantry Division. Place and date: Birgel, Germany, 14 December 1944. Entered service at: Glidden, Iowa. Birth: Willey, Iowa. G.O. No.: 77, 10 September 1945. Citation: He was leader of a machinegun squad defending an approach to the village of Birgel, Germany, on 14 December 1944, when an enemy tank, supported by 20 infantrymen, counterattacked. He held his fire until the Germans were within 100 yards and then raked the foot soldiers beside the tank killing several of them. The enemy armor continued to press forward and, at the pointblank range of 30 yards, fired a high-velocity shell into the American emplacement, wounding the entire squad. Sgt. Neppel, blown 10 yards from his gun, had 1 leg severed below the knee and suffered other wounds. Despite his injuries and the danger from the onrushing tank and infantry, he dragged himself back to his position on his elbows, remounted his gun and killed the remaining enemy riflemen. Stripped of its infantry protection, the tank was forced to withdraw. By his superb courage and indomitable fighting spirit, Sgt. Neppel inflicted heavy casualties on the enemy and broke a determined counterattack.

GRACIE, ROYCE

Royce Gracie is a professional mixed martial arts fighter, a UFC Hall of Famer and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner. He holds the most submission victories in UFC history with 11, which he earned between UFC 1 and UFC 4.
    Gracie became a larger than life figure in the mixed martial arts world for his domination in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He became famous for beating opponents much larger than him, and between 1993 and 1994, he was the tournament winner of UFC 1, UFC 2, UFC 4, and fought to a draw with Ken Shamrock in the championship match in the Superfight at UFC 5. Gracie popularized Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and revolutionized mixed martial arts with his results contributing to the movement towards grappling and cross-training in the sport.

BRADY, TOM

He has played in four Super Bowls, winning three of them [[XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX). He has also won two Super Bowl MVP awards [[XXXVI and XXXVIII), has been selected to four Pro Bowls [[and invited to five, although he declined the 2006 invitation), and holds the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single regular season. He also owns the fourth-highest career passer rating of all time [[93.4). Brady was named as Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year, in 2005. He also helped set the record for the longest consecutive win streak in NFL history with 21 straight wins over two seasons

WATSON, J AMES

He discovered the DNA's double helix

ejames, interesting book..im sure there are many chapters

Haha.. Idolizing these sports people.. Putting then on the same page with true heroes.

Someone running around a field chasing a football is no hero..
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; November-11-09 at 12:44 PM.

There are many types of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Haha.. Idolizing these sports people.. Putting then on the same page with true heroes.

Someone running around a field chasing a football is no hero..

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post

Remember most soldiers especially minority soldiers fought for a country that didnt extend equality equally to all when they came home...and to disregard Muslim soldiers now based on the action of oneis just as wrong, as our Black brothers and sisters finding a seperate society upon returning from their service in WWII.
    Black US veterans of the Korean War also experienced Jim Crow etc... upon returning home. Even while in full uniform no less. Was that heroic?

ccbatson Guest

BTW, is anybody in favor of the liberal plan to emasculate homeland security/the Patriot Act/etc.

Sometimes it stinks to be right...like the conservatives in this example.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    BTW, is anybody in favor of the liberal plan to emasculate homeland security/the Patriot Act/etc.

Sometimes it stinks to be right...like the conservatives in this example.
    I say remove the Patriot Act. Nothing about it is good

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast