Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
I agree with you 100%. I love going downtown and bar hopping and enjoying the city. People think I'm crazy when I tell them that I want to move downtown. I'm a 23 year old college student, and as soon as I finish my bachelor degree and find a steady job, I'll be moving to the city. There is so much potential downtown for investment. I just don't understand the ridiculous rents some landlords are charging for storefront property. This isn't Chicago or New York, and probably won't ever be in our lifetimes. It would just be great to see a vibrant downtown, and I think we are on our way there. It's changed so much from even the early 90's when my dad would take me downtown. There's no reason that in the next 20 years that we couldn't have a vibrant, safe, lively downtown. [[Well, as long as the right people are in charge.)
I agree with as well actually, I always have a good time downtown and I will be moving there in May [[I am 23 as well). Although I will be attending medical school in Detroit [[not WSU, but MSUCOM's satellite campus at Detroit Receiving) and really want to be able to make connections and eventually do my residency in Detroit [[I have already been doing clinical research at Detroit Receiving so I am very familiar with the hospital). Despite all the negative things said I really think that Detroit is going have a bright future.