Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Forum

My only gripe is how close the text is to the end of the screen. Other than that, I have no beef.

I like the fact that while on dialup, I can disable downloading all the pictures on the thread, to check the new posts.

Much quicker for me.

Anyone else having trouble not being able to log back in correctly after logging out?

At http://www.detroityes.com/mb/index.php the Quick Links, Search, Community and Blogs links aren't operable. The others seem to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Go to User CP then Edit Options Then Thread Display options. Under Number of posts to display per page, the user can choose between 10 to 40 posts per page, or the default setting, which you just reset.
    didn't work

cheddar bob Guest

I like the profiles feature. I'm looking at all your profiles.

blksoul_x Guest

This should be interesting?

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL...the color you love to hate!

Stosh Guest

I like the ignore feature.

My problem is with the size of the type. Also it is very hard to read when the lines are so long. I don't know if this is something I can do to make it easier to read or if this is just the way it has to be.

If you are using IE 7 or 8, there should be a magnifying glass icon in the lower right hand corner of the window. You can use this to make the type and frame larger.

I got this typing a once sentence response to a private message [[message i was responding to was quoted, but not that long):

The text that you have entered is too long [[288 characters). Please shorten it to 256 characters long.:
    Why a 256 character limit on private messages? That's not very much to work with. Seems arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Maof, you little perv.
    talk about lurking...the "who's on line" goes a step further than just showing who's on,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    I got this typing a once sentence response to a private message [[message i was responding to was quoted, but not that long):

Why a 256 character limit on private messages? That's not very much to work with. Seems arbitrary.
    And how about a warning when I type #257.

I don't like the fact that only 20 threads display on page 1 of any of the sub forums and that I have to go to page 2 to see other threads that might have only last been posted in a couple of hours ago.

I liked that the old forum showed like 50 or 60 threads on the first page, or however many it was.

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I like the ignore feature.
    Just wanted to see how the quote feature worked. [[much easier to navigate.)

Further, in response to the 'ignore feature'. Why would anyone want to ignore a poster. Even though I don't agree with all opinions etc., I would never intentionally ignore a poster. Knowledge is a key to healthy living, and I would never permit myself to ignore a persons voice. I believe there is a lesson to be learned in any situation, positive or negative, agreed or disagreed.[[besides, doesn't that negate the overall point of a forum?)

Overall, the new forum appears to be a bit more professional looking. Thumbs up, or ought I say Black fist salute!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL...the color you love to hate!

Quote: "I would never intentionally ignore a poster."

The one's saying they will, won't either.

Stash back atcha..

Back when I was a lurker, which I was for a couple of years, I enjoyed seeing the pics and maps that were posted for all to see. Am I wrong in assuming that pics can only be seen by those who are registered users - and only when you are logged in?

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Maof, you little perv.
    soooo, i noticed you were hanging around on my profile alot today...wanna get a drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    soooo, i noticed you were hanging around on my profile alot today...wanna get a drink?
    haha, all that child wranglin' might drive you too it. i just wanna know about the wallpaper. i can't find it

Lowell, maybe under the forums tab you could create one for Sports to go along with Detroit, Non-Detroit, etc.

Maof, make an album, upload pictures, and you can use any of them as your background wall paper

i'll give it a try but if i'm having a hard time, i might be asking you a few questions here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    i'll give it a try but if i'm having a hard time, i might be asking you a few questions here and there.
    okie dokie artichokie

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Back when I was a lurker, which I was for a couple of years, I enjoyed seeing the pics and maps that were posted for all to see. Am I wrong in assuming that pics can only be seen by those who are registered users - and only when you are logged in?
    Gnome - party true.

Because the forum default for viewing images is to place a link to the image rather than showing the image in-line, one must set their own settings to show the image inline automatically. A non-registered or not logged in user doesn't have such custom settings, but can still click the link to view the image.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    *LOL* You've made my day!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast