Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Forum

does not induce headaches as the new digital free press does.

I hate to complain, but as probably one of the older visitors, I find it very cluttered visually in its presention and not intuitve. I wish it were simpler and cleaner looking, even if it didn't offer all the bells and whistles.

corvax [[neo-luddite)

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    you don't need html tags to make bold italics. simply replace the< and > with [ and ]!
    PHP Code:
    [b]bold![/b]  [i]italics![/i
    The easiest way to format it to click Go Advanced and then work in the WYSIWYG mode. It will be just like working in Word and any other word processor.
    Attachment 251
    Last edited by Lowell; April-02-09 at 02:46 PM.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The easiest way to format it to click Go Advanced and then work in the WYSIWYG mode. It will be just like working in Word and any other word processor.
    Attachment 251
    Ha, okay, I guess I'll adapt. I just always used HTML tags in Old-DY and was surprised when they didn't work here.

Quote Originally Posted by corvax View Post
    I hate to complain, but as probably one of the older visitors, I find it very cluttered visually in its presention and not intuitve. I wish it were simpler and cleaner looking, even if it didn't offer all the bells and whistles.

corvax [[neo-luddite)
    cluttered visually, yes but i do like the bells and whistles

How do I get promoted from Junior Member to Senior Member? I can't e-live off the e-salary of a Junior Member.

I don't. I liked the way the other one looked.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    How do I get promoted from Junior Member to Senior Member? I can't e-live off the e-salary of a Junior Member.
    I don't know what I did to get to be a Member, let alone a Senior Member. must have been a senior moment.

I'm no longer a junior member, I was promoted to member. No raise though.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I assume it's based on post count. I'm a "Member."

51 posts? 97 posts? 34 posts? What the heck? You guys are on a posting bonanza. I only have 14 [[now 15) measely posts!

It's okay I think what I feel about the new setup is like when my wife changes her hair color. For a while it seems weird and awkward, but then you forget what it used to be like and it starts to feel normal.

Quote Originally Posted by redvetred View Post
    Is there a way to see the complete screen? My screen runs out between the Q and R on the Quick Reply button and I have to use the bottom arrow to read the last few letters on the right side.
    We are tracking down bugs. Do you mind sharing what OS you are using Windows? Mac? etc. and which web browser you use such as Interent Explorer, Firefox, Safari?

This is just a comment. I am less likely to post currently since new threads are just a re hash of old threads. I 've already posted info or opinions once and it would bore me to do so again. I am sure as time goes on brand new threads that interest me will engage me more. Also it spooks me to see two actual posts and 300 viewers. I fall under that classification too since I'll read but not post.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    I got this typing a once sentence response to a private message [[message i was responding to was quoted, but not that long):

Why a 256 character limit on private messages? That's not very much to work with. Seems arbitrary.
    Did anyone figure this out yet? I don't like responding to private message's with one word answers!

This is a little creepy - the who's online mode.

14509glenfield
    Viewing Thread
    Word Association

09:46 AM 48217
    Viewing Thread
    Job Referrals- New Job Leads everyday

09:41 AM Artistic
    Viewing Forum
    Discuss Detroit

09:47 AM Bigb23
    Viewing Attachment
    ...and what Don't you like about the new forum?

09:04 AM BirdWoman
    Viewing Forum
    Discuss Detroit

09:28 AM blksoul_x
    Viewing Forum
    Non Detroit Issues

09:49 AM carman
    Replying to Thread
    Sparty in Troy

09:49 AM catch22
    Viewing Forum
    Discuss Detroit

09:48 AM crosswordgirl
    Viewing Thread
    Showing or Hiding Your Profile - Privacy setting

09:39 AM Crystal
    Viewing Forum
    Discuss Detroit

09:24 AM det313grrl+
    Viewing User Profile

09:29 AM DetroitTeacher
    Viewing Thread
    Employer expectations are out of line

09:49 AM Detroit_uke
    Viewing Thread
    Final Four Saturday means no other news.

09:49 AM E hemingway
    Viewing Forum
    Discuss Detroit

09:48 AM ejames01
    Viewing Thread
    Most Dangerous Areas

09:27 AM Farnsworth
    Viewing Thread
    Has anyone attended Tax Foreclosure Auction

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    This is just a comment. I am less likely to post currently since new threads are just a re hash of old threads. I 've already posted info or opinions once and it would bore me to do so again. I am sure as time goes on brand new threads that interest me will engage me more. Also it spooks me to see two actual posts and 300 viewers. I fall under that classification too since I'll read but not post.
    Well, it's good to know that everyone who reads a post doesn't feel compelled to comment about it just because it's there.

This is a little creepy - the who's online mode.
    How do we become "invisible"? I can't figure it out.

everything

I guess we are in a new world. We have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    How do we become "invisible"? I can't figure it out.
    The best way to read through threads without being "detected" is to look at the forum without logging on.

I don't think that there's a "stealth" mode for when you're logged on, though.

Default Can't Links Be Underlined?

I tried to BB-code-underline a hyperlink to better differentiate it from unlinked text than the default colors yet no underline appeared. The HTML code from a "view source" of the page looked correct yet still there was no underline. Maybe it's an IE issue?

Does anybody have the time line on when the edit button disappears on one of your posts ? It used to be something like 1440 minutes. Is it still the same ?

I just noticed that.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I tried to BB-code-underline a hyperlink to better differentiate it from unlinked text than the default colors yet no underline appeared. The HTML code from a "view source" of the page looked correct yet still there was no underline. Maybe it's an IE issue?
    Works just fine from the editor. highlight and underline.

detroityes.com

Default Underlining Hyperlinks

Thanks, Stosh. Let me try this again.

The following is normal text underlined and seems to work fine.
    [u][color=red]detroityes.com[/color][/u]
    yields
    detroityes.com

The following is a hyperlink underlined but I don't see the underline in the final result.
    [u][url=http://www.detroityes.com]detroityes.com[/url][/u]
    yields
    detroityes.com

It's underlined in the editor though. How strange. Oh well. No biggie.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast