Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    ... is it not a simplr sense of fair play?
    The displeased are relegated to complaining, but might not seek increased banishment across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    Why ban anyone? Why is this allowed?
    Not banning does not indicate complicity. Tipped scales as an argument is certainly not a "callow" discussion. But "garnered" support for such an argument could be influential.

You make some good points.

However, white supremacist organizations and collectives DO exist - and no longer wear white sheets and funny hats. They are diffused into the population. But, I am not interested in getting gigged up about this woman's promotion of black supremacy and the rhetoric therein either.

Especially where in the case of Welsing who quantifies melanin as a standard of value and inherent enlightenment as her core premise. A premise which if taken to its full outworking is divisive not only between black and white, but also within the black community it claims rescue.

Bottom line, all black people are not alike - and are not all going to believe her doctrine of world view. Thus, are these, pardon the pun "unenlightened" black people conspirators against the uh, eh-hmm "cause". What must be done with them under the Welsing plan? Could her plan or "orthodoxy" ever become mainstreamed or would it always be marginalized to the "smarter" few??

Again, bottom line we are not monolithic - believing the same thing. Thus, thinkers like Wesling, who deem to espouse "what is good for us" often end up condescending and further diving the black community into those who possess "special" knowledge and wisdom from those who "pathetically" do not.

While at the same time is she really willing to engage in a discussion of the validity of said "knowledge", premises and specifics of what she is promoting?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    The biggest threat to the "black collective" comes not from white people, but from blacks themselves. Who are committing the crimes in Detroit? Who are killing the black people? Who are running - and running down - the city? Isn't it time for a "psycho-analysis on the system" of black society's self-destruction?

I'm afraid this black woman is putting her intelligence to misuse if she is trying to convince black people that white people believe in white supremacy. Just because some old fart in 1973 was racist does not mean that it is a prevalent belief today.

I hope she gives black people some advice on how they can help themselves, instead of how they should sit around and continue to blame white people for everything that is wrong in the "black collective".
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-29-09 at 07:32 PM. Reason: A few typos.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    ... People like that just destabilize society. Kind of like the SDS and the various Panther parties did. These groups did no favors to society at large. People like the good doctor never left the 60's. There was some good that came from the revolutionary movements, but it seems leftovers like her hang their hats on the worst segments of that philosophical time. There's obvious examples of that type of people in government now, and in the past, and it's also obvious how well that has worked... not. Seems as if the point is lost in the translation.
    Good, now you've made your own argument.

As far as the bannings mentioned, I know that will never happen. I suppose it's best to keep the board the way it is. Good luck with the revolutionary world view guys. It's worked so well over the past 40+ years. Keep up the revolutionary struggle... Power to the people and all that.
    And now, with the pessimism and acquiescing aside [[first two sentences), conclude with reliable ridicule [[again)?

Take note that Retroit and Zacha341 make arguments specific to the subject matter of this thread. I have not [[yet) made any such arguments.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Good, now you've made your own argument.
    Try expanding a little bit on this, if you will.

And now, with the pessimism and acquiescing aside [[first two sentences), conclude with reliable ridicule [[again)?
    You are confusing ridicule with sarcasm, there IS a difference.

Take note that Retroit and Zacha341 make arguments specific to the subject matter of this thread. I have not [[yet) made any such arguments.
    Then I think that you should attempt to make those arguments, if you can.

Funny thing is, in reviewing another, more reasonable thread by BSX, you stated, in between the predictable snarky personal attacks you seem to be famous for, stated that :

In the United States of America, "individual pride" does not have to alienate others
    But yet it does, when one goes out of the way to make it so. which was my whole point all along.

Retroit Guest

Holy sh!t, you guys, can't you stick to the gawdam topic?!!!

Thank you, Zacha341, for restoring my faith that there are actually people on this board that can have an intelligent conversation!!!

I put Wesling in the same category as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They make their living from fanning the flames of racism. If variations in skin color did not exist, these people would be out of a job. Fortunately for them, they have followers like Blacksoulx.

Racism is a cancer that is hard to cure.

Try expanding a little bit on this, if you will.
    Your views [[arguments) on the actual subject matter of the thread were not clearly stated. You then made it clear.

You are confusing ridicule with sarcasm, there IS a difference.
    My bad. Sarcasm it is [[was).

... I think that you should attempt to make those arguments, if you can.
    Will do after a little further consideration.

Funny thing is, in reviewing another, more reasonable thread by BSX, you stated, in between the predictable snarky personal attacks ...
    Thanks for that advice. I will work on not making predictable, snarky personal attacks.

But yet it does, when one goes out of the way to make it so. which was my whole point all along.
    Q1 - How can someone espousing [[what you believe to be) inferior arguments alienate [[you) in the end unless you allow for it?

Q2 - Does that question [[Q1) qualify as making a predictable, snarky personal attack? If yes, can you help me too understand how Q1 could be phrased without alienating [[you)?

We've made this thread about you and me. I'll take the blame and apologize because my original question [["seeking parity") alienated you.

Holy sh!t, you guys, can't you stick to the gawdam topic?!!!
    I stand corrected Retroit. Stosh, let us cease, or at least take our discussion off this thread.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    I stand corrected Retroit. Stosh, let us cease, or at least take our discussion off this thread.
    I suppose so. I'm not sure what we are arguing about any more anyway.

Back on topic.
    It's more of an appropriate discussion over in the thread about the recent FBI raid anyway, considering the revolutionary aspects of that case. Who knew?

What's really sad is that some people are actually impressed with what someone says because s/he has an advanced degree. Why should anyone listen to a psychiatrist fulminate on paleoanthropology?
    It's like giving some mathematician the right to comment on evolution.

RE: The interview with Shockley

Just how does Welsing's thinking differ from Shockley's?

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post

Just how does Welsing's thinking differ from Shockley's?
    For one, Shockkkley's theory is institutional, [[white supremacy). Welsing's words contain coping methods designed to help empower a 'specific' group by critically analysing methods of white domination. Reversely, the white guy theory takes on a more strict sense sentimentality and resonates within the broader populous belief; therefore, is historically, and continually associated with abomination against people of BLACK AFRICAN heritage; BIG DIFFERENCE!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

There are far too many arguments that can be misapplied to this widely scoped thread topic. What is the actual goal of this thread topic? Opinions aside, only the thread starter can answer that question thereby allowing others to make clear arguments.

Retroit Guest

Yes, blksoul_x, I'd love to know as well. What is your goal?

blksoul_x Guest

Yes, blksoul_x, I'd love to know as well. What is your goal?
    It's quite simple; re-read my original post [[minus the white hostility), and it is self-explanatory. Those who wish to be enlightened, informed, or perhaps those who may simply be curious about racism/and human behavior in a global racial concept, can hear Dr. Francis Cress Welsing, [[a controversial, and innovative thinker), lecture, at Wayne State. I'm a thinker who happens to enjoy non-conventional informative free speech, regardless if I agree or disagree. I posted her lecture date/and place if one cares to attend. There is no slick motive behind the post. To be sure, in the past, I've heard my fair share of so-called 'white amerikkkan' hero lectures__go figure!

By the way, for tickets call the Truth Bookstore.

blksoul_atcha!

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    It's quite simple; re-read my original post [[minus the white hostility), and it is self-explanatory. Those who wish to be enlightened, informed, or perhaps those who may simply be curious about racism/and human behavior in a global racial concept, can hear Dr. Francis Cress Welsing, [[a controversial, and innovative thinker), lecture, at Wayne State. I'm a thinker who happens to enjoy non-conventional informative free speech, regardless if I agree or disagree. I posted her lecture date/and place if one cares to attend. There is no slick motive behind the post. To be sure, in the past, I've heard my fair share of so-called 'white amerikkkan' hero lectures__go figure!

By the way, for tickets call the Truth Bookstore.

blksoul_atcha!
    Thanks for the clarification that this thread was largely intended as an event announcement.

ccbatson Guest

Go back to MLK...the merits of a person's character, not the color of their skin, and NOT a collective race based understanding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2