Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Well, in the words of Bobby Womack, it's all over now. I don't care who wins the cup, as long as the Penguins do not...
    Same here!

What I would most like to see now that the Wings are out is an Original 6 final - Chicago vs. Montreal or Boston. However, I think San Jose may make it.

Go, Habs! A great tradition will continue. The handshake will live on...

I'm so happy that Montreal beat the Penguins last night! Not a fan of Sydney, but a big fan of the Original Six teams. It's nice to see Montreal go on.

I've been watching Ville Leino perform in the playoffs. I know that the Wings traded him for Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. Tollefsen played on the Olympics and in a few games for Grand Rapids, but I can't find out more. Does anyone know his status with the Wings?

Lidstrom and Holmstrom have resigned. How Swede it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    I've been watching Ville Leino perform in the playoffs. I know that the Wings traded him for Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. Tollefsen played on the Olympics and in a few games for Grand Rapids, but I can't find out more. Does anyone know his status with the Wings?
    He is still with GR. Leino wasnt playing well for us and when the Mule came back there was no place for Leino. Ole-Kristian Tollefsen wasnt going to play for us last year and since the trade happened late in the year his season just ended soon after he got to GR.
    The guy has size and talent but he is alway hurt, Im sure he will start the up coming year at GR.

Did we pull the plug too soon on Leino? He's playing big minutes for Philly in the final and is doing really well.

Thanks Kenp. Leino has been excellent in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Did we pull the plug too soon on Leino? He's playing big minutes for Philly in the final and is doing really well.
    I think he pulled the plug on himself when he was here. Earlier on in the season with all of those injuries that happened to the team, I don't recall him stepping up his play here at all. He had an opportunity to shine here and for whatever reason, he didn't. It's not like he wasn't given ample opportunities on the power play, the first or second lines- but he just didn't bring it. Hence the trade. At the time, it was right for us to get something as well as moving some salary and a space for the injured Franzen to return.

I don't think we should have any regrets trading him away regardless of how he plays for someone else. Obviously he didn't perform here. The flip side of this would be "let's trade that bum!" if we would've hung onto him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3