Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Good time,good company...

we certainly enjoyed! You all are great and so of like mind. Thanks for taking your time to make us feel welcome, and to share your fine city.

Rich and Lorna

Whats it like meeting someone youve communicated with online? Any awkward moments? If I attended I would bring pics and some Detroit history memorabilia....

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Whats it like meeting someone youve communicated with online? Any awkward moments? If I attended I would bring pics and some Detroit history memorabilia....

It wasn't awkward at all, ...maybe that was because Kathleen was there and she has a very welcoming nature, she puts everyone at ease. Also, Rich and Lorna are very interesting folks with a bunch of stories about their travels.

Terryh, if you have never met an on-line contact in person, I could see how you'd feel a little off center, but once you do it, it is fine. I find it interesting to meet dyes folks, except for Gannon, they don't bite.

I'm not a big online person,but it seemed like an interesting meet.Kathleen is a good icebreaker Rich and lorna where excited to be here.I had a chance to sherpa them around yesterday.Interesting to talk big city with a right coast view.

Thanks, Gnome and Davemarc!

Terryh: I don't think anyone who has ever showed up at a DYes gathering around town or at the annual picnic has felt awkward. First thing we do is introduce people to each other, and then everyone takes it from there. Between discussions on Forum topics and each person's individual Detroit and other interests, the time flies by!! Hope to see you join us at a future DYes gathering!

What was I doing Wednesday night? I don't remember, but it probably wasn't something that was productive. That's what I get for not checking Connections enough. Kicking myself for not coming. Would've brought the younger side of Detroit with me. Next time.

I don't know what you've heard, Gnome, but those were NIBBLES and were consensual.

Welcome, even.

Hi Kathleen, just want to say thank you for organizing such a nice welcome for visitors. My heart was willing to attend but my pocket book was a little too thin. I have met many forumers over the past few years. Great people one and all. Sounds like you are a great organizer. How about putting something together at the Cadieux Cafe for Feather bowling. It's amusing to contemplate opposing teams. Here are some suggestions for opposing teams. Eastsiders versus Westsiders, Burbs versus city, Detroit lovers versus Detroit detractors, CBats against the world. The list could go on and on. Sorry, I digress, its late and I am awake and bored. Coming back to reality, it really is great that you care enough to be an ambassador for Detroit. Very Cool! Sumas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2