Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jbd441 View Post
    Did I miss something or is the article correct when it states each council member has a $656,000.00 annual budget apiece? The president of the city council has a $830,705.00 annual budget? And how many council members does the city have? No wonder Detroit is going broke! If true this is insane!
    Well, you do realize that these Council Members have staffs and offices they have to run... Its not a $656k Salary

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Well, you do realize that these Council Members have staffs and offices they have to run... Its not a $656k Salary
    Yes I do realize this. But if the article is true and factual then each council member has a 656K expense account. If each council members' salary comes out of that expense acct that leaves a lot to spend on office supplies and staff. Sames goes for MC she had an over 800K expense acct. She had no business ordering laptops etc prior to leaving office. For a city with 25% plus unemployment, and one step away from receivership those expense accts should be cut by at least 3/4. It really gets to me when there is no accountablility with politicians spending money that doesn't belong to them.

It might have something to do with this:
    "Riddle plans to go to trial, which is scheduled for January. "

I'm certain her husband pulled strings to have her home for the Holidays and she will most likely do her time and be back in time for the Holidays at the end of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalG313 View Post
    It might have something to do with this:
    "Riddle plans to go to trial, which is scheduled for January. "
    Both of those cases are probably going to be pushed back by at least 6 weeks due to Sam getting a new attorney.

It's been delayed again. This time till March 10.

http://freep.com/article/20091214/NE...-delayed-again

She must be cooperating. I hope she does not turn on Sam.

Why? He's just a bagman for corruption and a blowhard. I agree with you that Monica is probably cooperating.

Where is she? Have there been no sitings of her in the D? Who is taking the kids to school? I know she lost her free car but......have they moved out of the city?

Quote Originally Posted by punky1 View Post
    Where is she? Have there been no sitings of her in the D? Who is taking the kids to school? I know she lost her free car but......have they moved out of the city?
    Where have you been? She has one son she needs to see attend high school the other one is in college. She did not need that car also did you not see pictures of the automobiles parked in their driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Why? He's just a bagman for corruption and a blowhard. I agree with you that Monica is probably cooperating.
    Well you may correct in your description of Sam however I like his rebellious nature. Whatever she may be revealing must be a doozey.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    Well you may correct in your description of Sam however I like his rebellious nature. Whatever she may be revealing must be a doozey.
    Don't believe his hype. Sam Riddle is all about himself. Since when does corruption rise to the level of rebellion. At least there's usually a moral grounding for rebellion. Corruption is just stealing money because you can. He's a freeloader.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Don't believe his hype. Sam Riddle is all about himself. Since when does corruption rise to the level of rebellion. At least there's usually a moral grounding for rebellion. Corruption is just stealing money because you can. He's a freeloader.
    Agreed. He's attempting to distarct people from the fact of his illegal actions. Just about every client that Sam riddle works for gets in trouble with the law after Sam is brought on board. He's dirty as hell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2