Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote: "I have a few problems with it, which I won't go into here."

Freedom of speech anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Liberal fascism is very well described in Jonah Goldberg's bestselling book of the same title...read it if you want a better understanding.

how many times do we have to show you proof of how discredited this piece of trash is from anything resembling a factual context? not to mention its numerous logical fallacies and misdefinitions. speaks poorly for your ability to seperate fact and fiction

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    not to mention its numerous logical fallacies and misdefinitions.
    You mean like the title?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    speaks poorly for your ability to seperate fact and fiction
    You mean like Ayn Rand?

ccbatson Guest

How many times you ask Rb? oh, I don't know, how about ONCE!!

Ah, so you admit knowing it is a discreditted piece of trash, yet continue relying on it anyway?

that is the definition of non-critical thinking. thank you for finally admitting to it

Lorax Guest

Batts needs an intervention.

KoolAid withdrawl I hear is truly devastating to families, so he might consider checking himself in somewhere.

If he was in Miami, I could recommend Camillus House- I'd even drive.

ccbatson Guest

Neither of you read it, I did. Neither of you have brought forth a single credible argument against it yet you are trying to sneak a point through by assuming you have.

I am just calling you out to block the freebie credibility from that amateurish ploy.

Bring it on if you have the courage.

Lorax Guest

Without doing a dissertation on the subject, who wants to bore themselves to death.

I read it, and others have too, but there was too little in it of any credibility, it would take too long to point out the flaws, starting with the title, which, as you yourself have quoted bears no resemblence to fact.

I've read Rand, [[that was mandatory) and have read about Rand in numerous screeds, and nothing new is ever proffered. Just the same old.

ccbatson Guest

Prove you read it Lorax...you are obligated by the wager YOU challenged me with, I held up my end...you have yet to hold up yours.

Neither of you read it, I did. Neither of you have brought forth a single credible argument against it
    yes, I read it. well, the first chapter. It was so laced in fallacies and outright distortions I didn't bother to go further. I laid them out with citations from actual scholarly work on the old board. oddly, you never again posted on that thread.

oh, ok, i will throw one example, simply because I can't see how anyone with a living brain cell can buy into such stupidity.

There is a paragraph in part one [[everything you know about fascism is wrong, or something equally moronic) where this lunatics says, literally, that vegetarianism is part of his proof that liberalism and fascism are the same thing. Seriously. he talks about how everyone knows that vegetarianism [[and alternative medicine) are outgrowths of liberalism [[in itself not a factual statement) and hey, guess what? SOME NAZIS WERE VEGETARIANS. that is the classic fallacy that takes this form:

1) some redheads like soup
    2) some basketball players like soup
    ergo
    redheads are basketball players

basically, virtually the entire first section runs like that. one would have to be a moron to take that kind of stupidity seriously
    Last edited by rb336; November-06-09 at 09:18 AM.

Lorax Guest

Prove you read it Lorax...you are obligated by the wager YOU challenged me with, I held up my end...you have yet to hold up yours.
    Prove you read it.

If you had, you would have had the same reaction intelligent people do, and would have kicked it to the curb.

Instead you embrace it, which says alot about you!

ccbatson Guest

As I just said, and you know full well, I have proven at length that I read your challenge..Hartmann's book "Screwed".

Your turn [[long over due...as you well know).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3