Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Here's a thought. Why doesn't Ford help out our fellow country men that need work first before getting a pleasant reach around from China? Why can't Wayne Assembly build cars for export to China?
    They can't due to the high cost of US labor and Chinese import and sales laws. Cars built in the US would be priced out of a common chinese consumer's reach. China also has had very large restrictions on who could sell cars there. Foreign automakers were forced to create joint ventures with Chinese companies in order to even sell cars there. While the restrictions are being slowly being removed, at this point the only real solution is to venture up with a chinese company and build the vehicles there.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    They can't due to the high cost of US labor and Chinese import and sales laws. Cars built in the US would be priced out of a common chinese consumer's reach. China also has had very large restrictions on who could sell cars there. Foreign automakers were forced to create joint ventures with Chinese companies in order to even sell cars there. While the restrictions are being slowly being removed, at this point the only real solution is to venture up with a chinese company and build the vehicles there.

Again I agree with you Ndavies that the Chinese government is far more ahead of our government when it comes to protecting the livelihoods of its citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Again I agree with you Ndavies that the Chinese government is far more ahead of our government when it comes to protecting the livelihoods of its citizens.
    Sorry, don't stick words in my mouth. I believe fully in Free trade. I'm looking for the opposite. We need to force China to play by the same rules we play by. If you want full access to our economy we should have full access to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire
    I've been around this site for awhile too and I can read an over inflated underthought blow hard like you from a mile away that wants to pile on a guy when he is perceived to be stumbling. Why should I post data from Murray's;What's wrong with Rock Auto? Just because you've not heard of them in your little world does not mean no one else has.
    #1: All the evidence thus far points to you as the over-inflated under-thought blow-hard jerk-off, because you lie and you put words in Norm's mouth as proven below. I know Norm personally, so I know he is credible.

#2: Prove to us all here at DetroitYes that there are a lot of people that know about Rock Auto. Otherwise, your little world of lies and games need to zip it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Sorry, don't stick words in my mouth. I believe fully in Free trade. I'm looking for the opposite. We need to force China to play by the same rules we play by. If you want full access to our economy we should have full access to yours.

Great, it's nice that you know Norm personally. I know a few people from this site personally too, maybe even a few more then you. Using your alienation logic does that make me a better poster on this site since I may have a few more friends on here then you? Basically Norm and I say slightly different things about China but want the same thing, Fair trade. Maybe you and he can discuss it over coffee and let me know what you come up with. I think the guy who led off with the junior high level name calling in this thread is the real jerk, and that would happen to be you.

I know a few people from this site personally too, maybe even a few more then you. Using your alienation logic does that make me a better poster on this site since I may have a few more friends on here then you?

Yeah, right ..... I can imagine anybody would believe anything you say at this point, after all the lies that you have made, and continue to make.

I think the guy who led off with the junior high level name calling in this thread is the real jerk, and that would happen to be you.

Sure wish I could return to my youthful age of junior high.

Speaking of the real jerk, you've gotta have balls heavier than ship anchors to come up with lies like this .....

The costs of all products, save maybe that 10 pack of bar soap priced below $5 at Wal-Mart has stayed the same and /or risen with the normal pace of inflation. That means as consumers we are paying the same for that Automobile ...
    Det_ard is correct. The Vehicle Affordability Index clearly shows that it is more affordable than ever to own a new car. [[Link to report) Adding up all the extras that are becoming standard these days; including perks like free OnStar service, XM radio and so on, consumers ARE NOT paying the same for that automobile. Stop the lies.
    Last edited by darwinism; October-02-09 at 02:02 PM.

Sigh....Darwinism, do you bring anything useful to this site besides re-affirming and amplifying what someone else has posted and throwing around juvenile insults and baseless claims of lying? $26K for a 2010 Taurus base model, adjusted down for inflation in 1990 Dollars is about $16K, best I recall that's what a base model Taurus was selling for back then, and yes you could have airbags and ABS around that time. So the argument you are getting more car for your money now is at best true to a very marginal degree. Not every car comes with On Star you know. I'm still not seeing the benefit as a consumer car buyer between GM paying someone 20 bucks per hour at it's parts plant in Flint vs. 0.30 per hour for the Delphi plant over seas.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; October-02-09 at 02:50 PM.