Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    No new jobs. They are just replacement jobs.

And please, the tired "I can name a foreign car that is built here and a domestic that isn't, so it makes it okay to buy foreign" is so lame. I wouldn't buy either one.

Here's what I do:

Ford Focus, Ford Mustang, Ford F-150.

Designed here, built here, profits go here. All 3 are very important. And by "here" I not only mean the USA, I mean Michigan.
    Very good, East Detroit.

That's exactly what I did when I bought my new 2009 Chevy Malibu. A current GM engineer friend of mine who works at the Warren Tech Center strongly recommends it because it is designed, built and sold right here in Southeast Michigan between the assembly factory floor in Lake Orion to my driveway.

Oh ..... by the way ..... despite all the pro-domestics buying American movement going on in this thread, it seems like none of them have actually said anything about having bought a late model 2008, 2009 or 2010 domestic nameplate built-in-Michigan vehicle. Hmmm, am I the only one who is putting my money where my mouth is ? Pipe up, folks, if you are really supporting Michigan-made cars. Eager to hear if most of these folks are just posers, or just folks going to the used car lot. So much for supporting Michigan manufacturing and the autoworkers. Go ahead and make yourself feel good because you just bought a used 2004 Pontiac Sunfire or a used 2003 Chevy Silverado.
    Last edited by darwinism; September-30-09 at 01:27 PM.