Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo
I've pretty much deduced this site is mostly fresh out of community college kids. No life experience beyond what they see on television or garnered from a video game. Let them fund foreign corporations, let them send our American dollars away, and get cheap Chinese shit in return. The economy, our society-our very way of US life is vaporizing before us and they are too stupid to realize it. You and I, and folks like us have something to gauge today against, a much different yesterday, a time of sensibilities. As we have learned from real life experience, and our parents taught us, hang on and cover your ass, it's going to be a rough ride. It's their future they are destroying, my future and hopefully yours too is relatively secure. Let em' have it. They're making their own bed, the one they'll be sleeping in.
So, how old of a person are you ? And what robust life experiences do you have that provided you with all the intelligence and knowledge to tackle this new world order that you are bracing for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
Quote: "Why would you support Ford for building the highly popular Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan in Mexico ?"

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. Ford is doing what it has to do to survive. Do you really think if all Americans understood the importance of supporting domestic companies and only purchased from those companies, that Ford would build a plant in China? You're taking things out of context, and way after the fact.
For the record, nothing is being taken out of context. Do you even know the definition of the word 'context' ? This thread relates to comparing foreign vs. domestic vehicles. The discussion centers around how we can all just calm down and understand the situation better on a macro-economic level, as well as a micro-economic level. The notion of Ford building its most highly acclaimed Fusion and Mercury Milan in Mexico instead of in the U.S. of A, fits into the discussion dead-on, and perfectly within the context of the debate.

And oh ..... before I forget, perhaps it might hurt your ego, but despite your misconceptions above regarding the demographics of DetroitYes, the reality of the matter is that DetroitYes reaches far beyond the under-20 age group, or the boundaries of Michigan. With that in mind, it might actually surprise you that the majority of the folks on here are older than you think, and more experienced than you would like.

Therefore, if you do in fact have a solid, tangible solution and primary source citations to support your viewpoints ..... let's hear it.