Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Board of Education and City Clerk

I have no idea who to vote for, for either... Any recomendations, and why?

stinkbug Guest

Janice Winfrey has, by all accounts I have seen, done a good job as clerk. She's cleaned up the voter rolls, I've never had any major problems at the polls, and is untainted by scandal.

For school board I came up with a formula. NO INCUMBENTS for starters. Then I took the two Detnews endorsements, Bellant and Davis[[I also have a friend who works with Davis and I trust his opinion of her), and then I went by educational background. High School diploma alone doesn't cut for me for Board of Ed. I was left only with Johnson, Perkins, Davis, Lemmons, and Bellant. Lemmons had a stronger background to me than Perkins.

So Johnson, Davis, Lemmons, and Bellant.

I reject the freep notion of not voting for anyone out of protest. That only gives that slobbering idiot and woman beater "Reverend" David Murray and other such idiots a better chance of still causing troube.

Stink Bug, can you give a little more background on your 4 picks, I'm interested in hearing more

Janice Winfrey, because she has cleaned up the mess the former clerk left. As far as Detroit school board I am writing in Robert Bob because he has done more in the last few months than the whole school board has done in years.

For school board, I'm voting for Perkins and Johnson. I have been to town hall meetings and met both of them. I like their vision.

Voting for none, or the "Archbishop" David Murray is a joke and totally misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by trstar View Post
    For school board, I'm voting for Perkins and Johnson. I have been to town hall meetings and met both of them. I like their vision.

Voting for none, or the "Archbishop" David Murray is a joke and totally misguided.
    Actually I think voting for none is a good idea. I agree with the Freep that the no vote is based on the governance structure and not the people who are running.
    Besides the writing is on the wall. The school board as we know it will be disbanded once Mr. Bobb leaves and a new governance structure put into place by legislation

Most of the candidates for Board of Education previously discussed in this thread were not successful in the primary. I’m now looking for information about the candidates in the run-off. What does each candidate stand for? Which candidates are worthy of voting for?