Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
Well here's what I have to say about it. I spent the better part of two decades working for a Big 3 company and having to drive its products. Through the years, I put up with mechanical failures and repeated ripoffs by rude and crafty dealer mechanics, where a visit for one problem usually lead to another at a cost of several hundred additional dollars, and yet I loyally kept my smile on, paid through the nose and said nothing because, after all, I wasn't one to bite the hand that fed me.

My reward for these years of blind loyalty was to see my job outsourced.

So no more loyalty from me. I now own a Honda, and my wife owns a Kia, and our newfound freedom has worked out better than even we would have ever dreamed. Nine years later we can honestly say we have nowhere NEAR the number of problems with our vehicles as we used to have with our Chryslers. The Honda's had a transmission replacement - fully covered under warranty, but otherwise is running perfectly at 87,000 plus miles, and the Kia's had a thing or two replaced, again, completely under warranty, and also is providing my wife complete satisfaction after over 30,000 miles. Dealer service is cheerful and prompt. Maybe "foreign" dealers work harder, because they know they have to earn respect from their customers rather than be able to count on Big 3 employees who have no choice but to buy what they produce.

Simply being "an American company" isn't good enough to make up for poor product and poor service. Neither my wife nor I nor any of our friends or family will ever own a Big 3 vehicle again.

P.S. And nobody's going to "guilt" us by trying to paint us as unpatriotic. These so-called "foreign" dealers employ real Americans in America too. The fact that they might be in states other than Michigan is irrelevant.
After working for the better part of two decades for whatever Big 3 company, I'll bet you'll be able to, or are now collecting a modest pension from said company. When that company goes under because of your perceived notion that American cars are pieces of junk, ask Kia or Honda to send you a check equalling your pension amount each month. In your dreams.