Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
What matters most is the bottom line.... Chrysler's Headquarters is in Auburn Hills, they have assembly plants in Detroit.
Oh, you mean the company that was 80%+ owned by Daimler [[a German company), bailed out by the American government and is now controlled by Fiat [[an Italian company).

GM's headquarters is in the heart of Detroit.
You must mean the company that has been bailed out by tax payers and is now owned by the government. You must also mean the same company that has threatened to leave the Ren Cen and "the heart of Detroit" for years to suburbs like Auburn Hills, Warren and Troy?

The profits from purchasing American cars, whether they were assembled in Canada or timbuckto, stay in the U.S. Why is that so hard for some to understand? Salaries earned by Americans working for foreign automakers stay here but the big profits from the sale of foreign automobiles assembled in the U.S. still go overseas.
What profits? The Big three had losing quarters for YEARS. The profits, if any, would go to the shareholders and investors. My GF's parents had shares of GM, that aren't even worth the paper they're printed on. Hmm, what is left besides the profit? I know, the labor and material cost! If the assembly labor is provided by employees in foreign nations, and parts are shipped from foreign countries, what is left? Nothing! What part of that do YOU not understand? All of OUR American dollars are shipped overseas from supporting this "American" companies. I will go over it if needed, this time, take notes.

If I am wrong, please let me know.
Sorry, you couldn't be any more wrong.

-Tahleel