Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Hybrid View

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    So, again to sum up; we should all buy Fords, Chrysler or GM cars regardless if they actually employ any Americans to MAKE said car here in the U.S., but we must buy simply because the "profits" stay here. So those Mexican made Fords and Chinese Buicks are "American", but Toyotas made in Tennessee are not.

Also, how does buying a Chrysler...beingthat it is now an Italian [[fiat will eventually own 55%) company NOT the same as buying a Toyota built here?
    Tennessee is not "here." Tennessee is the state that elected Bob Corker to the Senate, and as such it can take a flying fuck at the moon as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather send my money to Mexico than Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Tennessee is not "here." Tennessee is the state that elected Bob Corker to the Senate, and as such it can take a flying fuck at the moon as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather send my money to Mexico than Tennessee.
    And I'd rather send my money to a right to work state that has the guts to buck the unions - something that has to be done if America is ever going to have any chance of being able to compete in worldwide industry ever again.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    And I'd rather send my money to a right to work state that has the guts to buck the unions - something that has to be done if America is ever going to have any chance of being able to compete in worldwide industry ever again.
    Without unions there will more than likely be much lower wages for everyone.
    Unions brought low wage workers out of poverty.
    Unions brought more flexibility for work and family needs.
    Unions brought better health care benefits for all workers, not just union members.
    Unions have been credited for bringing more safety and security in the workplace.

If you want to be paid less than minimum wage and work in a unsafe, unclean, less secure, bullying atmosphere, then buck the union buddy. It doesn't matter to me in the least, I'm set. I'm worried for my kids, their children, my other relatives, my neighbors and my friends. I see what's happening, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Without unions there will more than likely be much lower wages for everyone.
    Unions brought low wage workers out of poverty.
    Unions brought more flexibility for work and family needs.
    Unions brought better health care benefits for all workers, not just union members.
    Unions have been credited for bringing more safety and security in the workplace.

If you want to be paid less than minimum wage and work in a unsafe, unclean, less secure, bullying atmosphere, then buck the union buddy. It doesn't matter to me in the least, I'm set. I'm worried for my kids, their children, my other relatives, my neighbors and my friends. I see what's happening, you don't.
    Unions inflated wages beyond the fair market rate, resulting in a loss of jobs as manufacturers went overseas in search of cheaper labor. Lee Iacocca - way back in the '80s - offered Americans a choice between thousands of jobs paying $15 per hour or no jobs paying $45 per our. From the looks of things, unions have made their choice.

Unions lifted non-union boats through the early 80s. From that point on, non-union workers consistently gave up benefits so that UAW members could continue to be supported in the extravagant lifestyle to which they had become accustomed.

Unions were rightly credited for initially getting the ball rolling on safety and security in the workplace, true, but OSHA has now been in place for decades and there is continuing safety and security for all, even in right to work states where unions are no longer a factor and despite the fact that union membership and clout continues to steadily decline.

The minimum wage applies to everyone, not just union members.

Yes some wages will need to go down. Maybe it's time to recognize that the second home up north and the yacht are going to have to be sacrificed so that ALL Americans, not just an ever-dwindling spoiled few in the southeast corner of one of the 50 states, have a chance of employment.

As for the Big 3, they sold out our jobs to the overseas labor. So let them look overseas the next time they want some customers. Tens of thousands of shafted Americans no longer owe them one shred of loyalty.