Quote Originally Posted by Jared9903 View Post
Let me rephrase then, when I buy a car, I JUST did, I want it to be from the Big 3. I dont care if GM sells Pontiacs in Canada and Mexico. They started in Michigan, I am proud of our history, and I want the money I spent to go towards the companies that began a few miles from my house. Just because the taillights were made in France or whereever, it doesnt make it foreign because it supports an american company.
Sure a Honda Accord may be made in Torrence, California, but when you put down your money on that car, the money goes straight to the excecutives in the Honda Headquarters in Japan.
With our state doing as poorly as it is now with employment rates, I want to do what I can.

You forgot a few steps with the money. Before any money goes to Japan, the local workers get paid and spend the money in their local community to live. Also, the plant pays huge tax bills to support schools, fire, police, etc. Which is exactly why I'm anti-Ford Fusion. The locals [[Mexicans) get most of the money. What is left returns to Dearborn.