Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    But you are for buying a car that was designed in Europe, parts made in Canada, and assembled in Mexico [[the first gen Focus)?
    Wrong there Junior, my Ford Focus was built in Wayne MI, with over 87% of the parts made in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Wrong there Junior, my Ford Focus was built in Wayne MI, with over 87% of the parts made in America.
    What model year do you have? It was not until 2008, that production was solely at the Wayne Assembly plant. The 2001-2007 Focus [[the first gen, as I stated) was assembled in both a plant in Hermosillo, Sonara, Mexico and the Wayne Assembly plant.

The Focus has gone from 75 percent domestic-parts content in 2007 to 65 percent in 2008 and now 50 percent [...] In our American-Made Index we require at least 75 percent domestic-parts content to qualify
    http://ask.cars.com/2009/07/is-the-f...-america.html?

-Tahleel
    Last edited by tahleel; September-26-09 at 05:54 PM.