Quote Originally Posted by xD_Brklyn View Post
Why does this conversation happen about once a month on this forum? Why don't the US car companies have some Think Tank that produces statistics, studies, white papers, ads, etc. documenting that buying American is better for Americans? Why is left to the unions or internet forums to answer this question?

I don't know but it seems like it would be worth their time and money to put some research into this question. I'll never drive anything but a Detroit-based product but that's because I have family and friends in the industry, so no argument is needed, but for others? It's odd that they have failed to follow up on the benefits of being US-based.
They are not talking about it because they don't want consumers to know where they build their cars. Most Fusion owners have no idea that it was assembled outside of the U.S. and I'm sure Ford would like to keep it that way. The window sticker says "final assembly location: Hermisillo" I guess most people just assume that's some where in our south west region. My question is why has it taken so long for the UAW to complain about it publicly like they are now doing at the Chrysler Sterling Heights Assembly Plant? Those people know for a fact that next year their plant will close and the operations are moving to Mexico to produce another "American" car.