Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Jared9903 View Post
    wow! I really enjoyed reading this thread, I'm very opinionated in this subject, and some of the posters here took the words right out of my mouth! I would never buy foreign, and I certainly do not find all American cars to be bland, as one of the posters stated.
    Personally, I just bought a 2009 Chevy Malibu ..... one of the most "American" vehicle around. And I bought the car before June 1, 2009 - so, GM was still very much an American company at that point in time, although very much tethering on demise nonetheless.

Jared9903, glad that you are committed to buying American automobiles. And when you make such declarations, please be prepared to go to a showroom and sign on the dotted line for a new vehicle, because buying a used American car doesn't really help the cause. As mentioned above, your only option is Ford right now. Let us know when you drive home your 2010 model Ford, Jared9903.

Ladies and gentlemen, you see, I hear from many, many die-hard hard-core American car enthusiasts every single day. But at the end of the day, these folks are just all talk. That's all they do, they swear their devotions to American cars, but guess what ..... they don't put their money where their mouths are.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox
    Why is the Walmart[[I never shop there) lot full of vehicles plastered with pro union stickers????
    Quote Originally Posted by terryh
    When I was a striking Kroger worker in 92 some UAW members showed up for a day to walk and we never seen them again...some solidarity huh?
    When I bought the 2009 Malibu, the car saleswoman thanked me over and over for choosing a Chevrolet. She said that too many people are just talkers. She is absolutely right, chances are most of the folks right here on DetroitYes who proclaimed that they will never buy foreign, and that they will always buy American ..... well, they are the same people who shop at Wal-Mart, the Dollar Store and driving a pre-2000 GM, Chrysler or Ford vehicle that they bought USED. So much for being pro-domestic cars, posers. In case it is not already obvious enough, from Toolbox and terryh above, the unions are quite the hypocrites.
    Last edited by darwinism; September-26-09 at 11:34 PM.